1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas Hotel Bonus Nights Changes

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by SH0CK, Aug 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasqc

vegasqc VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got two in a row at MGM Grand for superbowl sunday and the following monday 47500 per night

2. Warmgingerale

Warmgingerale Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I redeemed the weekday bonus for Aria again and called and the rep was super nice. She said "Oh, that's no problem. I'll put the two nights together for you." So I guess that other lady just wanted to be a bitch haha.

3. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems like they are able to combine them in the system if the conditions allow it and if they see no problem in doing so (and of course if they are nice enough). However, by saying they will not leaves them not liable if they cannot for whatever reason, or even if they simply wish not to even if they are able to.

Seems more like a "get out of jail" card for them.

4. slot guppy

slot guppy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    bonus nights

OK I am confused.
    I thought you had to use the nights 90 days after purchase. How can you purchase the nights now & not use them until February or March?
    For example If I were to purchase 2 nights for Aria today. Don't I have to use them by 90 days from today?
    TIA
    Dawn

5. BlueSkadoo

BlueSkadoo VMB Sweetheart

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Slot Guppy-

My understanding is you have to make a reservation within 90 days. Some properties will allow you to book further out than others, and you can't really know which ones will take it until you call the redemption line. Once you have booked (received a confirmation number on the telephone from an agent) you can't get the LP/coins back even if you cancel.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...I've not redeemed since May!

6. Matty Ice

Matty Ice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blue, you are correct. I've redeemed and booked 2 bonus nights at Aria March 30th and 31st. I was told if I had to cancel I would not get my Loyaliy Points back.

You can check the MyVegas availability calendars to see which dates are available. Right now, available dates only go to 3/31/14.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  7. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You only have to call and book the reservation within those 90 days. As long as the dates you want are on the list they show for that hotel (see the FAQ here on the board for the links) you can book the room(s).

8. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea when they will start updating dates for April 2014 and beyond?

9. slot guppy

slot guppy Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MyVegas Hotel Bonus Nights

Thank you for the replies.
    Scott thanks for directing me to the FAQ post. I have looked at it a million times & not even noticed it. Looks like you spent a lot of time on it. Thank you!!

10. HallOfPromise

HallOfPromise Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am not sure when, but I have a feeling when they do the Bonus rooms will most likely get a jump in LP cost. At the same time I hope I'm wrong because I am looking to redeem again sometime late August of 2014.

I will be forever greatful if they keep the next batch of Bonus rooms at the same value of the current ones. But I won't hold my breath... too long at least.

11. mimidebu

mimidebu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    does anyone know if they are charging the resort fee for a myvegas comped room now?

i went back in june before they said they would charge the fee so i didn't have to pay since i was under the old system

my mother in law went in Sept under the new system and stayed at Aria and MC and did not have to pay for the resort fee at either place

i was just hoping to get some clarity on this if anyone can pass on their experiences

12. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    According to the Mirage bonus room rewards, they are suppose to charge a resort fee, but, when I checked in this past week under the current setup, I was told by the fron desk person Tiffany there would be NO CHARGE for the resort fee on the MyVegas comp, but would be on the mLife comp I was using.

Short answer, they didn't charge.

13. mimidebu

mimidebu Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the answer...also, great to hear

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.