1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Friends - How does the gift thing work?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by HuskerBB, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have said this on here before but I really don't understand all the friends things in MyVegas. I am sure this is based in part by not knowing anything about how facebook works as I only set up a page to play the MyVegas game.

Generally when the game asks me to "share" something I do it as I assume that helps my friends. The game also asks me to send gifts to my friends on a regular basis and I always do that as well. When I log in I will also have some gifts and chips from friends to collect. But it does seem like I am asked to give more gifts than I get from people. Is there something else I could be doing to get "gifts" from friends?

2. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bumping this to see if I can get an answer.

It is not a big deal but seems to be getting more obvious that I give way more gifts than I get. I don't really mind but it does make me curious if there is some thing you do that I don't know about to "ask" for gifts or that otherwise causes people to give you gifts?

3. Sdebruyne

Sdebruyne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking that it's not something you are doing, it just that your friends aren't sending you gifts back.

4. Nina_930

Nina_930 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When you "share" something all it is doing is posting a notice on your Facebook page so all your friends can see. It doesn't help your friends or anything, it's more like you are just saying "Hey, lLook what I just got on this game."

You can't really do anything to receive gifts other than send them to friends and hope to send them back. On the Facebook page your friends will get a notification (if they havn't disabled it) that you sent them a gift. If they play the game then they most likely will send a gift back to you. It's the friends choice if they want to send a gift back but if they are not playing the game then chances are they are not going to send you a gift.

Hope this helps.

5. landsburger

landsburger Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It helps them (or anyone who clicks the link) in the sense that it often provides a link to free 50/101/201 chips in the message that is "shared".

Send as many gifts as you can when asked. If they return the favor is up to them, but many usually do.

6. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I log in I get "Gifts" and "Help".

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  7. sandman748

sandman748 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gifting and sharing are two completely different things

Gifting is done once per day. It can be done when you first log in, by gifting to those who gifted you, or you can gift through the menu at the top screen. Sometimes if you are sitting idle, or after closing a game , it also asks you if you want to gift. These gifts are 50 chips per freind per day.

Sharing sends out a link with a small number of chips. There is no benefit to the person sharing. Freinds can click the link and get chips. Likewise they can share and you can click on their links.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.