1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Myvegas free buffets-mirage, Luxor, Mandalay Bay September 2014

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by lillady, Sep 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lillady

lillady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just returned from trip and thought someone might find this useful. My hubs and I each had cashed in our my vegas points for free lunch buffet at: Mirage , Mandalay Bay. And supper at Luxor.

Redeemed mirage on a Sunday, no problems at their mlife. They put it on your card. Went directly to their brunch, which includes unlimited champagne on Sundays on top of their current special of free wines and beers. Food really pretty good, and enjoyed the accompanying alcohol. $50ish value for the two of us FREE!

Redeemed at Mandalay bay on Tuesday lunch. I had no problems at mlife. They give you an actual coupon. But my husband went right after me and she said "are you staying at the hotel?" He said "no". She said, "well I thought you had to stay at the hotel to use these??" He informed her there the ones we purchased with our points do Not have that stipulation". She says "oh they must have changed it?" She didn't press it further. But then says " do you want to combine your two accounts?" Of course not! Then we each couldn't have our own free buffet coupons....seemed like she was playing dumb to me.... The food was good, got there at breakfast/lunch switch so had very nice variety.

Redeemed at Luxor that evening for supper. (You seasoned buffet goers are probably saying "oh noooo" at this point) No problems at mlife, very friendly in fact, they also put it on your card. BUT the food is disgusting....tasteless. The plates piled up around us as we would get a couple things to try and then push it to the side in disgust. Bus lady finally came about 3/4 the way through our time there. You serve yourself drinks. I knew it was going to be the long shot...but just happened to work out right with how many coins we had to cash in.

All in all the first two buffets success, and fun to get for free, for two low rolling slot players.

2. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You misunderstood what she meant by combining your two accounts. She was referring to linking your MLife accounts together so that your tier credits, express comps and points are combined together for one total. A lot of people ( including my wife and I) link their accounts. It certainly makes it easier to reach new levels and in no way affects MyVegas. You each retain your own MLife account number and card and can purchase and redeem rewards just the same as before. It's definitely something you should consider.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
  3. lillady

lillady Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ohhh ok. I guess I was already perturbed that she had started to give us hard time about not staying in hotel...(like I've read others have had issues with and even ultimately being denied) so maybe I wasn't thinking clearly...all ready to be on the defense...

4. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Understandable

5. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.