1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas BOGO or Companion Pass

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by jtf, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtf

jtf Tourist

I know I read somewhere that you could redeem the Monorail BOGO reward and use both passes for yourself. Are other rewards like this? I see some are worded "Companion Pass" and others are worded where you buy one and get one. So if they don't have the "companion' language - can the same person use both tickets? For instance, the NYNY roller coaster - could the same person use both tickets? Some of the buy one get one buffets - could the same person eat for two days?

I am new to this and have never redeemed one before.

Thanks!

2. KevinF2020

KevinF2020 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While we haven't redeemed the NYNY roller coaster reward, we did use the 2 free Shark Reef ones and got two separate tickets. The problem would be that they were both dated for the same day, so in theory, they could have been used by the same person to enter twice - but it would have to be the same day. For the NYNY roller coaster (I assume) would work the same way, but that wouldn't be as much of a problem I don't think. Someone else with direct experience with the ride, would know better though. We did do the monorail BOGO and it was the same thing. Two day passes, both dated for the same day. I don't know if they'll post date one for use on a different day for a single traveler, but if you saw something to that effect, then I guess that would work.

Regarding the buffet, we used the BOGO's for Aria and Mandalay Bay and they put the reward on your MLife card, which you take to the buffet and it refunds the cost of the second buffet when you pay, so I don't think you can use it for two single buffets. There is no voucher or ticket to return to you for future use. They simply charge two buffets, swipe your MLife card and it removes the cost of one.

3. jtf

jtf Tourist

Thanks Kevin! That helps a lot! I might go ahead and get the coaster one for my son then. But the buffet one wouldn't work. (I am not sure if I want to eat at the Excalibur or Luxor buffet -- but I don't mind if my son does -- twice - LOL)

I was thinking I read the Monorail ticket is good for 24, 48, etc. hours (depending on the number of days you get) which starts the first time you actually use it. So those probably could be used by one person -- they can just validate the second one when the first one expires.

4. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monorail tickets are good for up to one year after redeeming them at a Monorail ticket station as long as you don't activate it. So if you get a 3-day BOGO pass, use 1 of them, you could hold onto the spare for your next trip.

5. jtf

jtf Tourist

Good idea JoJoR

6. jtf

jtf Tourist

If I redeem a reward for a BOGO buffet and get it loaded on my MLife card, do I have to be physically present when it is used? Or can I let someone else use my Mlife card at the buffet?

7. KevinF2020

KevinF2020 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm fairly certain the person whose name is on the MLife card needs to be present. At least when we used them, the cashier asked for I.D. and matched it to the MLife card, so I bet you would need to be there. I'm sure they do that for security, so if some random person finds (or steals) an MLife card, they can't redeem all the comps/points associated with the account.

That being said, if you went to the buffet and purchased the buffets (and used the BOGO) with two other people, (i.e. you pay for your son and someone else) and then left, that would probably be OK if you tell the cashier that when you pay.

8. jtf

jtf Tourist

Thanks! I might need to change the redemptions around then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.