1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My turn to take off!

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by kellyon4, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellyon4

kellyon4 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Can't wait to see my ol' ticker clock now...hours to go before take off. We fly out of Buffalo, NY tomorrow morning. (Non-stop to Vegas and return with Southwest for $215.00!) Staying at The Orleans. Plans to do some favorite things (Harrah's Carnival Court, visiting our favorite slot machines, Fremont street, walking the strip...) and will add a few things missed on past trips - Big Elvis, a trip to Hoover dam, some desert sightseeing (have a car booked for the last couple of days). Some of us will see Mystere (there are 7 girls going!), and some will see Wayne Brady at the Mirage. Thought we might try Jay White's Neil Diamond show at the Riviera (if available)...anyone see that? Worth it? Plan to also visit the pool a bit...and visit a bar or two, or three...or ???...boy, hard to believe we're almost there!

2. doctor_al

doctor_al VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to your report. I'm a fan of Wayne Brady on Who's Line, but his talk show was lame.

3. veck101

veck101 Tourist

I had tickets to see Wayne Brady when he was at the Paris, but he cancelled.

At least his talk show was better than Magic Johnson's. Now that was a bad talk show.

4. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wayne Brady makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X. :D

Mikey

5. Coaster Kikky

Coaster Kikky Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got to see Wayne Brady perform live at the Borgata in Atlantic City a month or so ago. It was based along the lines of the "Who's Line" show, and although he didn't have any of his cohorts from that show with him, the guy he did have was frickin' hysterical.

I laughed so hard I HURT!!

Enjoy!

6. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I saw Wayne Brady at the Lance Burton Theater in Monte Carlo a few years ago. What a frickin' riot. We bought early and had front row seats. One of the guys with him has appeared in a few Drew Carey episodes and has done many commercials. The troupe has a great dynamic and are hilloarious. Well worth the time and money. As a matter of fact, anytime I see he is appearing in Vegas, I can usually get my wife to okay a trip as long as he is in the plans. We want to see George Wallace next.

7. Pimp_N_M

Pimp_N_M MIA

I was just glad that Sheila E was making money. It was really tragic watching Magic drown right in front of you. Halfway through his monologue you would say "aren't these the same jokes from Leno's monologue yesterday?"

The true talk show tragedy was The Chevy Chase Show. FOX cancelled it within 2 weeks! You know it's a bad show if you get cancelled by FOX. They let that Chris Elliot abomination go on for almost two years! You know which one I am talking about. The show where he played a 30 year old paperboy, who lived with his parents.

8. kellyon4

kellyon4 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am sitting in my hotel room as I type - Wayne Brady was the highlight of the trip so far....especially too, in that our seats for the show were accidently sold, so we were seated first row for this sold out show! Both my friend and I had sore sides from laughing! He is so incredibly clever, and talented, and his right-hand man is also great! This even beat the thrill I got to be winning on almost every slot machine I played the first night and was up $750.00....a couple of days later, and the wallet is a little thinner....staff are super friendly at The Orleans and the food so far very good ( have eaten at Sazio's, The Prime Rib Loft and the Courtyard Cafe). Would happily come here again - the rooms are large and well appointed, entrance and lobby not up to "strip style" but OK, It's the best gambling any of us have had. Off to Fremont tonight...

9. YoungGun

YoungGun VIP Whale

"Get a Life" it was called. I vaguely remember commercials for it, but can't remember watching it. Bundys and Simpsons were the only things worth watching on FOX back then. Magic Hour was bad, but I actually enjoyed watching it occasionally since it was kind of funny watching Magic try to do something he really had no idea how to. The real shame is that they cancelled the Keenan Ivory Wayans show for the Magic Hour. Keenan wasn't great, but it was much better than the Magic Hour or Vibe. Plus I loved the theme song and all girl band.

Get a Life on IMDB

[ August 15, 2004, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: YoungGun ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.