1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My trip to Harrah's New Orleans Sept 21 (pics)

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by Kingbarkus, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingbarkus

Kingbarkus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Here’s a story of my Saturday trip to Harrah’s in New Orleans this past weekend.

Some background. Earlier this month my new host sent me a list of September events at Harrah’s and I noticed I had not received an invite to many of them. As a Seven Star, I was upset and she fixed me up with some of the outstanding events. Don’t get me started on CET and their foolishness. One of the events was a BMW giveaway this past weekend. I received some free entries but you could earn more in the 2 days preceding the event. I ended up with over 300 entries. Let’s get to Saturday.

After watching football at the house I headed up to Harrah’s to get some play in. (The weather sucked so my golf was curtailed.)
    My plan was to play some, head home for dinner, catch some more football, and then return for the drawing at 9 pm.

When I returned to Harrah’s, I was caught off guard by the production of this drawing. A VIP area had been set up, special food and drink offered, and a stage had been constructed with huge keys sitting in large glass vases. There were to be 6 names drawn with 1 winner of the car and 5 winners of $1000 cash. 9 pm arrives; the woman grabbed the mike, and began calling names. “Kingbarkus!” she screamed. I screamed. My two 7* buddies screamed a 4 letter word, one of the bad ones.
    I walked up the stairs to the stage shaking like a leaf. My name has been the second one called so after the first guy chose a key, it was my turn. The lights on the stage were bright as hell and I can’t see a damn thing. One of the guys is so wasted he is falling into me while rattling off incoherent words. There are 5 guys on stage and one woman.

We finally get ready to reveal who has the car. We held the keys in front of us and raised the cover on the key to reveal the car winner. The woman won with the key pulled from vase number 1. She dissolved into tears and it was my turn to swear. Oh well, $1k minus taxes.

Don’t feel bad for me, though. After a late dinner with my buddy, I played some more. I hit the following:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. g8rb8k8

g8rb8k8 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    well that certainly turned out sweet :)

3. Huddler

Huddler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dam! Would have been nice to win the car. I put about 100 entries into the Harley Davidson give away at the Golden Gate. The drawing is Oct 5th at midnight. Nice hits on STP!

4. luvstp

luvstp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooohhhhhh. quad aces with a 5X and a royal. Very nice......and oh so close to the car. thanks for the photos..

5. higgiel

higgiel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great hits on VP and sweet having your name called for the drawing. Not a car, but the consolation prize wasn't bad. Thanks for posting those lovely pictures.

6. jgxtrav1

jgxtrav1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice ........ great job!

7. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very nice....I may need to play some of this STP poker live, I've only played it on my computer. Like I need a new game to piss aways more money:poke:

Wait.....of course I do!:beer:

8. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    King Barkus,
    What area / bank were you playing VP at? Last trip I found most of the single line VP unplayable with the paytables. Heading down to NOLA Columbus Day weekend. Was going to focus on table play, but thought about carving out $500 for some multiline VP.

9. Kingbarkus

Kingbarkus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play the triple plays near the .50 single line progressive VP bank. For a change I play the STP machines near Besh Steak. Also had some luck on the STP machines across from the .50 single line progressive bank. Yeah, the single line VP have some terrible pay tables.

10. HOUtoLAS

HOUtoLAS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    High limit has 2 - 3/5 play $1 machines with good pay tables. 3 - 10-play $1 too.

11. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Palace Tower Suite!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.