1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Sinatra Smash was a smash hit this weekend!

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by thecarve, Jun 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Aug 24, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume most of the Wynncore fans on this site are familiar with the super tasty Sinatra Smash cocktail that was created, I assume, for the Sinatra restaurant but can be ordered at most, if not all, of the bars in the property.

So, this weekend my sister threw a birthday party/cook-out for a friend of both of ours. And Thursday she called me asking if I could think of a purple cocktail (the b-day girl’s favorite color and therefore the color scheme of the party...women:rolleyes2:). Immediately I thought of the Sinatra Smash. And as I am pretty worthless in the kitchen, it was decided that the cocktail would be my contribution to the festivities.

Well, the drink turned out fantastic – far better than I could have hoped really. And it tasted exactly as I remember it from far too many relaxing afternoons chilling at Parasol Up watching tourists take pictures of the flowers and Lake of Dreams. Everyone at the party absolutely loved it!

Converting the single drink recipe to one that would use an entire 1.75 liter bottle of Gentleman Jack was something of a pain in the ass for a guy who doesn’t know a liter from a teaspoon. And thank God I was able to borrow a juicer or juicing the 25 or so lemons necessary for the sweet and sour would have taken me all day. But really, once I figured everything out, it all went fairly smoothly. (I also had no idea how freaking expensive vanilla beans are!)

Considering the cost of the ingredients and the work involved in making the drink, I will now be slightly less miffed at having to fork over $16 for one next weekend at Parasol Up!

The recipe: http://newsletter.visitwynn.com/2011/02/recipe-spotlight/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.