1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My plan of attack

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by italianstallion, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. italianstallion

italianstallion Tourist

Jun 24, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming to Vegas (3rd time this year).....but doing the trip a little different this time. Need some advice.

wed - fly into Vegas
    Thurs - Vegas
    Fri - Laughlin (never stayed there and would like to see it one night). Visit hoover dam
    sat - visit Grand Canyon. Don't know where to stay
    sun- phoenix. Will be seeing my 2015 Super Bowl Champs Detroit Lions route the Arizona Cardinals
    Mon - leave for home from Phx

Couple of questions
    1) My fiance has never seen the hoover dam, how long is the tours? Is it worth it?
    2) How long does the grand canyon tours take?
    3) My big dilemma...when I go to the Grand Canyon, should I stay the night in Flagstaff or drive right to Phx? The big game is sunday @ 1pm. I am leaning toward driving to phx since there is not much to do in flagstaff.

2. sabinomarine

sabinomarine Tourist

Mar 1, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the Hoover Dam I recommend the full tour. One tour is the power plant only and then the full tour breaks off and goes inside the dam. Total time was under two hours I think. For the Grand Canyon I would stay the night in Flagstaff. It's a little over an hour drive to the canyon and it's a nice town with several good restaurants and bars.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.