1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Opinion of The Springs Preserve for a Wedding

Discussion in 'Vegas Weddings' started by raraavis, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to do a review of each wedding venue I visited, and the first section of each review will be the “Background.” If you have already read the background from another one of my reviews, feel free to skip to the actual venue review.

Background
    I got engaged in December 2011. After a month or so of trying to settle on a state (yes, I said state), we decided on Nevada (Las Vegas specifically of course). My family/friends are primarily in Michigan; fiancé’s (we’ll call him J from now on) are in New York City area. We live in NJ. If we had it in either Michigan or NJ, we would have well over 250 guests since we assumed that most people would be willing to make the drive (or short flight if they choose) to either location (p.s. we have many friends in Long Island, and it would be at least a 1.5 hr drive for them to come to our area in NJ). Then J kept saying it wouldn’t be fair to his friends and family if we got married in Michigan (where it is at least half the cost of NJ weddings btw). So I countered with the same argument for my friends and family, haha. We were at a stalemate. Well I had mentioned Vegas when we first got engaged and told J it is my number 1 choice. But J was hesitant about having a destination wedding. After thinking of the pros and cons of being married in the mitten (aka, Michigan) or in NJ, J finally agreed that Las Vegas was actually the most practical and fun thing to do. Next on the list was to make sure our very closest family and friends would be ok with flying to Vegas for our wedding because frankly they are the only ones that matter!

We booked a good deal at Bally’s for Sun-Thurs and stayed with my dad the other days of the trip (he lives there). My initial plan was to see 13 venues, but I decided not to see the two at mt. Charleston. So I only saw 11 venues over the course of 3 days. It was a lot!!

Basically the type of wedding I want is a non-religious ceremony followed by a traditional wedding reception. I do not want to get married in what I deem a “wedding factory”, which is what some of the venues I saw felt like. In the same regard, I do not want a chapel wedding at all. I did check on the strip, but nothing met our needs or was within our budget. I began my search in January and finally narrowed it down for our June trip. My tastes revolve around golf/country clubs apparently. We are planning for a Thursday wedding in October 2013.

Springs Preserve
    333 S. Valley View Blvd. at US 95 http://www.springspreserve.org/book/weddings.html

I met with Kim at 11:30 on Friday June 15. She showed us around the whole place, and it is big! I’ve been there before but not with a wedding in mind. It was a nice hot day with a clear blue sky. You could really picture having a wedding here.

Kim was very nice and answered all of my questions. She was very knowledgeable about the space. That may sound like it should be obvious, but she is not actually an employee of Springs Preserve. Basically how it works at Springs Preserve, you are just renting space from them. They have no part in the wedding process at all. Instead you deal with Culinary Arts Catering for everything. Kim worked for Culinary Arts Catering. And this is actually why Springs Preserve was knocked off our list right after we left (not to mention the pricing is really ridiculous). You have to book and rent everything separately (even the dance floor). Maybe if I lived in Las Vegas and this wasn’t a destination wedding, then I would still consider them. But it would be way too much work to do all of that. In addition, they require that I hire a wedding coordinator since the Culinary Arts Catering employees will not be helping me throughout the wedding. I can’t afford a wedding coordinator!! Every site I visited offered a wedding coordinator.

All that being said, it is a beautiful place to have a wedding (there’s even a view of the strip!). Also, there is no smoking anywhere on the premises. You have to walk all the way back to the parking lot. Kinda on a similar note, the distances between the ceremony to the cocktail to the reception can be a lot, not to mention any site is far from the parking lot. It will be a lot of walking for your guests. Something to consider. I recommend this location if you are ok with doing everything yourself and can afford their steep pricing. Speaking of pricing, I won't get into any pricing for Springs Preserve because there are so many factors; there are prices for everything! If you’re interested, I suggest you contact them personally.

Here are some pictures I took while there and also some pictures Kim sent me of weddings there. All the following pictures are of various reception/ceremony areas.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    view of the strip from one of the reception rooms:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

museum ceremony area
    [​IMG]

bridal ready room (which is obviously just their conference room)
    [​IMG]

cocktail hour area
    [​IMG]

this watering can is actually a bar!
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.