1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MY new game 3-card poker ( trop trip rpt)

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Ronster, Jun 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronster

Ronster Tourist

My Trip Report

I'll take a crack at this as well. If you read Smarra17's trip report, I can tell you that she saved me some time on writing about the plane ride. I also live in NY. Took the belt to JFK and flew Jetblue. No problems. We stayed at Trop 6/2-6/6. We had a 9:20pm flight got in around midnight and jump in a cab to the trop. NO one on line and I asked for an upgrade to a suite. That didn't happen but I did get a strip view room in the Island Tower. Yes it is a country mile from the tower to the front of the Hotel. Room was average, nothing special. If you read my pre-trip report you would know that I got to vegas to attend a friends wedding and to hang out with relatives who were there the same week. We got in so late that the only thing we did was get a bite to eat.

DAY 1

We have to be at that wedding at 7:00 pm so we have lots of time before the wedding. The mrs decided she didn't want to surprise anyone so we
    called her relatives who were staying at the Monte Carlo to tell them we were in. They were not in there rooms so we decided to go over there and see if we could track them down. When we got there we went to the bar and ordered our usual morning drink. (bloody mary). They are usually hit or miss depending on the Hotel. But they were great. Well with no luck finding the relatives(we found out later that they were in the buffet) We played a little bit on some slots and broke about even. We hit a few Hotels and I was able to play some BJ while the mrs played some slots. I ended up plus $300.00 and she won some lost some on 25 cent slots. At this point, the mrs wanted to go downtown and see her friends at the Golden Nugget before the wedding. Once again we had trouble finding them so we figured we would try our luck downtown. I know why I stay on the strip, Let me just say that I lost my winnings and then some in the nugget. Could not win a hand in BJ or even get a cherry on slots. All take no give. As I was running for the door we spotted our friends by the pool. Made plans to meet them at the Chapel. The wedding was nice, but I was more excited that it was at the same Chapel that was in the movie "Vegas Vacation"
    The Chapel of the Bells. Even saw were Mr. Nick parked his cars. Did the wedding thing and went to dinner. Not much else that night expect I learned how to play 3-card poker.

Sorry but I'm so busy at work that I need to just get to the good parts of the trip.

Over the next few days I hit 900.00 on a triple diamond WOF $1 machine in the Luxor. Actually did very well at the Luxor overall. Also hit another spin for $250.00. After learning how to play 3-card poker I tried it everywhere and did real well. MY big hits were two straight flushes.
    First one was at Harrahs and I had $15.00 on top for a $600.00 payout. The next one was at Monte Carlo with $10 on top for a $400 win. the payout for a straight flush is 40-1. I also played with another person who got a straight flush at TI and two guys on the same hand got 3 of a kinds (30-1)at the Trop.
    I did pretty good at BJ for the trip, not making
    a killing but making some money mostly on Automatic shuffle machines. Could not do anything on the BJ tables that you are suppose to win on. Even did a little damage on Roulette. I did put some back into machines so it kept me in check. BTW, I went over to the palms to play VP just to see if it is really the best place. Well It wasen't for me. I could not win a thing there. I got out of there fast. We went to the resturant at the top of the Strat. The food was great and well worth the big bill. Our Best meal in Vegas. We hit alot of hotels while we were there and overall played with Vegas money and had a blast. Even came home with a little. Sorry I had to cut it short, but please ask me any questions you have. Looking foward to the next trip.

2. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I plan on sitting at the 3-card poker table in July. I have played it a bit, and enjoy it. How did you do overall with it, and did you get rated at your betting level?

Thanks for the fix. I read Smarra's and yours and immediately started thinking last minute weekend get away. If my wife found out...

Bazootch

3. Ronster

Ronster Tourist

Hey Bazootch,

I did great overall on it. Won over $1000.00 on it, thanks to the Straight Flushes. If you have played it before, you know that you have to match your ante if you decide to keep your hand and play. If it was a $5 table I usually played $5 on pair or better and $5 on ante. If I went a couple of hands without a pair or better, I increased the bet to $10 or $15 playing the odds that I was due. The time I hit the straight flush for 600.00 I had $15, but the hand before I hade $25 on the pair or better. If I had the Straight flush 1 hand earlier, it would have been $1000.00, never mind the extra you get paid for beating the dealer. I gave my cards everywhere so I'm sure I got rated. I didn't spend hours at a time though. If I hit or was up at least $100, I got up.

4. Dougie

Dougie I am IN!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks!!

5. NEON

NEON Tourist

With 3-card poker, hit and run is the only way to play. As the odds are against you, you best take the money and run "if" and "when' you get it!
    Ronster, good to hear that you had good luck and hit those straight Flushes that are so rare.
    3 card can be a fun game. just remember to always run if you have winnings. If not, do not keep buying in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.