1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

my husband's new hobby

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by LolaDoggie, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not really a new hobby. It's a new twist on an old hobby. The hobby of pushing my buttons to get a reaction :nono:

On our most recent trip last year my husband signed up for different player's cards. Because he hadn't been back since 2004 and I hadn't been back since 2006, some of them treated us as new players or treated him as a new player. He started getting email and snail mail offers.

Some of his offers have been better than mine. Which irritated me because I played as much as he did but lost more. He also got emails that I didn't get. :grrr:

My husband is one of those quiet types that notices things and then quietly pushes a button and nobody figures out it was him. He has some people in his life convinced he's shy, quiet, such a nice guy, would never do anything remotely bad. Whatever. My mother always told me the quiet ones are the worst and she was right. He's an awesome Vegas Buddy and he's not quiet or shy with me, or in Vegas for that matter.

His new game is to verbally tell me about an email offer he got, watch my reaction and then laugh. So far I've been falling for it because I'm kind of doped up still. But, I'm on to him now.

I started wondering if anybody else does that to their Vegas Buddy?

2. bull1029

bull1029 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really, but my wife, has a definite "Vegas" pesonality.

She IS kind of reserved, especially around folks she doesn't know very well. But in LV, after a beverage or two, she turns in "Chatty Cathy," with everyone she encounters...it's hilarious.

We generally get the same offers, but once in while one of us will get a better one. It bugs me, but not her--I think she figures she'll get in on the comped room or whatever, so what's the big deal?

It IS great, though, when our spouse loves Vegas as much as you do.

3. vegas3

vegas3 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It seems to happen in this house also. :evillaugh I'm on the fun end of it. :poke:

Mlife is always sending me the offers and she gets no offers. Our cards are linked, she is usually the one that books them and she will also put her name for the reservation. But no offers. It bothers her because she feels they do not her play.

However, we both benefit from it and always go together so its a non-issue, but loads of fun.

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I told him about my post. He pretended to be very interested in his phone. Then he says "I don't know what you're talking about". Then...he shows me some email offers on his phone and says...."what...you didn't get that one?" :wink2: I laughed but I'm not going to fall for it anymore. Even though, in my heart...:grrr: how come he got that and I didn't?

5. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you guys stay in different hotels? Seems like you should be happy when he gets something good. Kinda throw it back in his face?

6. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    vokalml, I think you're taking what was a lighthearted post a little too seriously.

7. vokalml

vokalml Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No I was joking. I was saying why don't u light heartedly say thanks for getting me that free room when he teases you.

8. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm the designated trip planner and booker, coupon and deal aficionado. I think this game with my husband would be more fun if I was the one saying...you didn't get this? And asking him to thank me for getting us a deal. More fun for me anyway. Call it petty jealousy if you like (cuz that's what it is). :peace:

9. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Over-Fried Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Vegas Buddy is my Dear Wife. she plays slots while I play mainly craps and slots and VP when I'm not at the tables.

My wife will play roughly 500 dollars at slots during our trip. I, on the other hand have been known to lose 500 dollars at one session of the craps tables.

She'll come home with 2/3rds of her bankroll. ($1000.00) I'll come home with 1/3 of a $7000.00 bankroll.

Guess who has better offers/comps in the mail? Just guess...... :grrr::grrr::beer:

If you guessed me, you're wrong!
    lol!!!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
    Going to Hawaii's 9th Island!!
    Going to Hawaii's 9th island!!
  10. OntheStrip

OntheStrip Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband doesn't tease me, but I find it mildly annoying that he gets all the offers and yet it's my "mad money" that we go to vegas with. He spends (loses) it way faster that I do, so they must like him better. He does all the driving, booking & scheduling so I can't complain that he gets the offers, but it was my idea to go to Vegas in the first place and I'm the one that keeps us going back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.