1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My first trip to Las Vegas (after the last 18)

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Jimbo338, May 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Funny thing, how we all try to see it all on our first trip......everything looks like a few steps away and we have our list of things to see and do. Well, I've been there and done that. I found the old hotels kind of warm and welcoming......CC, Stardust, Frontier (mostly on strike), the Ho, Silver City Saloon, My God, it's hard to believe they're all gone! New hotels have gone up, and they are gorgeous but seem so "sterile". In any event, I have to chuckle the newest hotel I've been in is Wynn. I have enjoyed the hospitality and homey feeling of downtown for the last few years, and love the feel there and was thinking, people keep talking abaout the new hotels and I haven't been to most of them. Perhaps I'll take a day on my next visit to be a Newbie again, and if I can't do them all, I can start at San Remo (opps, sorry, Hooters) see what's new at the Trop, and work my way up the strip til I'm tired out. Then I'll sit and have something that is bad for me and bus back downtown.

If I don't have fun, at least I can understand what people are talking about when they comment on the new places! If I do have fun, by the time I get to the end of the Strip...........I can start all over again......O'shea's will be replaced and Sahara will be newly refurbished and who know's maybe there will be a new Circus Circus some day! Is this constant state of reinventing itself why we love Las Vegas? Well, I miss Nickle Nick's 5 cent coffee and 50 glazed donuts in the morning.....sorry those tiny little donuts everyone likes don't do it for me, and dunkin donuts are for those who never had a real bakery donut. Oh the memories!

Jimbo338

2. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Jimbo,
    I fondly remember some of those old haunts, as well. I miss the old North Strip.

3. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's kinda funny, I'm only 27, my first trip was probably 15 or 16 years ago and I remember Excalibur being the COOLEST place, not the trashy castle lol. I remember the Hacienda, and eating at, I think it was Tony Roma's at Stardust. It's kinda crazy how it all changed. But I gotta say I LOVE the new stuff, I think it's amazing. I love how they don't smell terrible of smoke anymore, and there are so many more options for shopping and dining.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.