1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My first (God I'm getting old) moment

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Big dan, Sep 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smerrian

smerrian View from Bally's

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You could have replied, "Well my mom wasn't a pregnant teen."...but then you'd have spit in your food.

2. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at White Castle last week. They gave me the senior discount without me even asking for it. I did not complain.

3. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've got you all beat. When I got married to my current wife, I was 37 and she was 29. We rented a party bus to take the wedding party to a local bar for a few drinks before the reception. We walked into the bar, I gave the 21 year old girl my credit card, and told her just to keep it open for the time being. She asked, "Are you the father of the bride?" I looked at her and said, "No, I'm the groom." Then I paused as the color drained from her face, and said, "If that doesn't get me a free drink, nothing ever will." The manager overheard and bought the first round for the wedding party! :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What a sweetheart!!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
  5. gotChopin

gotChopin Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All the millenials running around make me feel old.
    Unless they've googled or youtubed it, they dont know the essence of lot of pop culture I THOUGHT, was still around.

I was making a reference to Christian Slater the other day to some people and for the first time, I had to explain to everyone who Christian Slater was....ruining the timing of my joke. :(

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Funny.

I probably mentioned this before but I had a similar situation. My friends and I went to a store to try on some clothes. One of my friends looks young because he colors his hair and is thin. My other friend looks older because he doesn't color his hair and is a little (lot) overweight. We were all around the same age, at the time it was late 40's. My younger looking friend had some questions and when he saw the price tag his eyes opened (expensive). The sales clerk told him that he should get his dad (looking at my other friend) to buy the item since it looked nice on him. My "older" friend's face turned beet red and my "younger" friend started cracking up. Ever since then we keep asking "dad" for money to buy stuff. So hilarious. :lock:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL! :)

My dad was in his late 30s and on his second marriage when I and my one brother were born. He was also almost totally bald and what hair he had was prematurely grey. We were often assumed to be his grandkids!

8. Big dan

Big dan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To add to this: I work with my dad and a customer asked me if I was his brother the other day:eek:. Made my dad happy tho

• Like Like x 1
  9. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I walked by some skateboarders at a park this summer and I made reference to Gleaming the Cube. I started to walk away, but turned to see them all on their phones--likely Googling Gleaming the Cube! :faint:

RICHARD

• Like Like x 1
  10. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On Mother's Day 2013 I reserved the nicest table at the nicest supper club around. Mother's Day is the only day of the year they're open for brunch :feedme: and it's beautiful to see the May sunshine off of the lake. They start taking reservations just after the new year and I had called on January 2nd to ensure that I wouldn't mess up that year. Having to treat your beloved to Subway on Mother's Day usually doesn't make them happy. (Lesson learned from Mother's Day 2012.)

Back to 2013. As the hostess led us to our seat at the fancy supper club she complimented me on being such a nice son and treating my mother to a special morning out.

I then introduced the hostess to my lovely bride, who was pretty pissed off.

After apologies from the hostess--and later the manager/owner--we enjoyed a free brunch for both of us, plus roses for my bride compliments of the supper club!

We still laugh about it now. Okay, maybe not we...

RICHARD

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For me it was the same as with Queuetee, only a bit more intense. Early in my career, I taught a writing class that had a pregnant girl in it. Sixteen years later, in walked that baby. Same class.

I did get out of the business before the grandkids showed up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When it took five people pushing and pulling on various parts of my poor arthritic body to get it into the back of a Vegas shuttle van a few days ago.

Humiliation at its finest!:haha:

13. ABQJeff

ABQJeff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the optometrist. Trying on glasses. Looked in the mirror and saw my dad.

Nuff said.

• Like Like x 1
  14. vegasdev

vegasdev VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YIKES!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.