1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My experiences so far

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by donttasemebro, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donttasemebro

donttasemebro Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip booked Presidents' Day weekend and I successfully redeemed a Mirage Tower Suite (before they yanked it) for Sunday night. The phone call to book the room was easy as could be, and I'm happily surprised that it even includes the resort fee. That's a nice touch.

I redeemed and cancelled about 5 different rewards before this. They're pretty quick about returning your points, usually about half a day. I cancelled so many because I kept trying to book rooms and they weren't available for the dates I had planned. I finally got the Bellagio buffet reward and cancelled that one too since it said it wasn't good for holiday weekends and I didn't want to risk not being able to use it.

I also redeemed $50 at Monte Carlo, but I haven't decided where we'll use that yet. At least Diablos or maybe I'll try out the renovated buffet.

I'm still at about 8000 points and I think I have time to get up to about 15000 before my trip, so hopefully I can snag one more reward.

I built the whole strip when it was easy, and I haven't bothered with the friends/gifts thing at all. I usually "harvest" the strip in the morning before I leave for work, then when I get home I'll do the daily spin and harvest it again. Then I throw the entire amount on one hand of blackjack and hope for a double up to like 50,000 chips and I'll auto-spin it all away 300 at a time in Excalibur.

Pretty cool promotion, I hope they keep it going.

2. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Booked a two person roller coaster ride at NY, NY, as well as the $100 at Nine Fine Irishmen and the $75 at NY, NY, which was also spent at Nine Fine Irishmen. $175 bought a nice, heavy lunch (after the rollecoater) for three, with a bunch of drinks thrown in. Nice place, been there before, and good food. A bit of a wait, but it might have been the time of year (just before New Year's Eve). Spent maybe 100K LP, have about 90% of that back.

I plan on spending my lp on food mostly, because I get comped rooms otherwise. I think the rewards that I redeemed are listed as one per account only, which is sad, because I'd be two-fisting the whiskey and Guinness every trip otherwise.

I don't bother with the chip feeds anymore, now that they're used up after half an hour tops, now. I play mostly birds at 1K per spin, and let it run in the background. When I want a little excitement, I go over to studio city at 6K a spin, just to see bigger numbers.

I enjoy playing, look forward to redeeming more of the 200K or so in lp I have now, and felt it was time well spent getting the comps I've collected so far. I hope it continues, as well.

3. StuartUK

StuartUK Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    grrrrrrrrrr !!
    wish i could do 1k spins! i can do them, but dont get ANY wins!
    Drop down to say 100, and it wins little (am on level 45)..
    Higher the bet, the less or dont win at all scenario i get!!!

4. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let us know if everything goes smooth. I have read of a few people who arrived at Mirage to find they didn't have their reservation. I have also read many accounts of everything going smooth. Made me a little nervous and so in a month or so I am going to call Mirage and verify my reservation. We still have 89 days to go so waiting on "buying" my other rewards.

My husband and I have both been playing for months ( we play free online slots anyway so this is not abnormal for us).

We both redeemed the 2 night Mirage Tower Suite m,t and w,th in May...going to get the Steakhouse at CC, Bellagio buffet and undecided on the rest. We hate Cirque shows, have seen Terry Fator and I am too big of a BeeGees fan to like someone else doing their songs. Been hoping for Carrot Top to come back, they still haven't brought those tickets back last I knew. Possibilities are 2 mirage buffets, secret garden (been 10 years ago). I will still have tons of lps after we are done with our 3 rewards a piece....hoping they keep the game going...I will have a zillion pts before next year. ;)

5. Grid

Grid VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see your problem. Your wins are based on your average bet for that game. So if you played 100 spins at $1K your wins will reflect that that. if you play 50 @ $1K & 50 @ $100 your wins will be much much less.

Its a safeguard in the software so you dont bet a dollar on say Excalibur and get 1 rung before the bonus game and start max betting away. It averages it all out. If I dont have enough chips to play at my normal level, I just dont play that game until i do.

6. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tammy - my wife and I are planning the same thing for Sept-Oct. We've bought the rewards, but haven't made our reservations yet. Were they able to link your reservations and your husbands, or is that something that you try to arrange when you arrive?

7. Blatz

Blatz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A Couple weeks ago I redeemed for the Mirage Tower Suite and a Buffet. Both went smooth, the buffet redemption took a good 15 minutes at the mLife desk, as they have quite a bit of paperwork to fill out. There was also a little extra paperwork for the Suite redemption at the check-in desk, but not outrageous.

One word of caution. When I went to check out via television, my folio showed a charge for the room. I called down to the desk, and was told that it would be taken care of at checkout. I asked them to email me a zero balance receipt, and I didn't have any issues.

The kids that were travelling with me redeemed a MyVegas reward for the deluxe room, and also checked out via the television, but didn't call to the front desk, and they ended up getting charged for their stay. After several phone calls to MyVegas and Mirage, they were able to get it credited back. They're excuse for the charge was that they said there isn't any way in their system to zero out a MyVegas comp without a manual check-out at the desk(which obviously wasn't true considering I did it). Might want to be safe and check out at the desk, or at least call down when you're heading out.

Enjoy the Suite, it was great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.