1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Aria MyVegas Comp Room Experience

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Fligster, Nov 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fligster

Fligster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wanted to share my experience with redeeming MyVegas reward for Aria Comp Room Bonus nights, in case it helps anyone else so they know what to expect.

I booked 2 consecutive nights using Aria Bonus Dates reward. I booked these as 2 separate reservations at different times and asked them to link the reservations when I made the second one.

My nights were for last week Sunday and Monday night.The FD agent said that the reservations were linked but the phone agent could only do so much, that until they assigned the rooms, they weren't completely linked.

She was having trouble finding a room for both nights. The room she wanted to put me in on the 34th floor said it was out of service the second night so she made a couple of calls trying to figure it out, but couldn't. She switched me to a room on the 33rd floor, mentioning a complimentary upgrade to city view. I believe this was based on the wait to check in, since my original room had an odd number ending which would not of been city view.

After the first night, I got an email about checking out, so I checked with the front desk and they said it was fine, the system would check me out and back in automatically keeping the room.

I was NOT charged the resort fee but was able to use the amenities, at least the Wifi. I assume I could of used the fitness center as well. It looks like they did put a hold of $130 for each night on my CC. Also, the FD agent did ask to see my MLIFE card when I checked in.

15th Anniversary Trip
    Pink17 ITSM Conference
  2. wishman35

wishman35 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How many points did that cost you total? I struggle to even get 10,000 points, let alone hundreds of thousands. Maybe because I feel like the game is so dang boring that I can't even justify doing it while I am doing nothing on my computer LOL

3. Fligster

Fligster High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    99k each night, so 198k for the 2 nights, personally I think the mobile app earns LPs quicker, but you don't get as many free chips each day to use. I've never purchased chips. I already have 140k points to use for my next trip. I try to collect the strip a couple times a day, and then use the auto spin. I also play a lot of the blackjack, although you only earn 1/2 your bet as XP.

15th Anniversary Trip
    Pink17 ITSM Conference
  4. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were there last week (Fri-Mon, 15-18th) using 1 weekend bonus through me, 1 through my wife, and a weekday bonus through my wife. My experience was similar to the OP's but never received any checkout emails after each night. The clerk had to spend some time manually making a new reservation to link all three nights, but it worked fine in the end. We were not charged anything, other than a bogus mini-bar charge that I had to get reversed.

5. bcneil

bcneil Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next week I will be using my last 2 midweek bonus days.

I have used comps to stay here twice before.

One night using the midweek bonus.

A separate holiday using the standard midweek.

No problems either time. High floors with partial strip views.
    Was able to check in before noon both times as well, no extra fees or anything.

6. RIRugrat

RIRugrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A week from Tuesday I will also be using 2 midweek comp bonus awards at Aria. I have 2 separate confirmation numbers that (like others have mentioned) should be combined into a single 2 night stay upon check in.

Good to hear that others have had good luck checking in around noon which is when I plan to arrive at Aria. Also looking to see if (a) the resort fee is waived and (b) what type of room/view I will get. Even the "worst" Aria room is really really nice so trust me I'm not complaining.

I will post my experience within the next 2 weeks. Can't wait!

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.