1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Aria Horror Story

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ams722, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STPFan

STPFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have also made the same trip over to the desk only to feel foolish when we had to go outside. I guess they just don't get that it makes people uncomfortable to be misdirected by the "BELL DESK" sign over their booth.

Our last December stay at Aria was nice and we would go back however we also had some billing issues. I had MyVegas rooms and of course upon checkout we were charged for the rooms. Had to stand in line to get that corrected. Since we have had that happen in other hotels I take it in stride but would prefer an accurate bill and no extra time spent in lines.

Also when checking in we were chatting with the desk person about our stay. We discussed my celebrating my recent college graduation (purpose of the trip) and the woman said congratulations and promised to send up something special to the room. (I think it was supposed to be chocolate covered strawberries). They never showed up. And while it was trivial I was a bit disappointed. Don't promise something then not deliver.

2. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I think you blew it with that response. By blowing them off and insulting them you didn't give them an opening to improve the offer. They made an offer, you don't know if it was set in stone, you could've countered or just explained why you think a room upgrade is a minor compensation for the mess they put you in. But instead you just slammed the door on them and gave up any hope of a new offer you might find worthwhile.

3. Bazzito52

Bazzito52 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    ams722:

Wow! What a nightmare! I concur with others' admiration of your self control.

Don't forget to play your hole cards (AA) - Your American Express card.

If it was me, I'd call AmEx about it. They'll stop the charge to your credit card and resolve the dispute with Aria.

I've disputed numerous charges over the years and all but one were resolved in my favor (and this one was in a foreign country). PLUS, it will be up to 60 days after your statement date until the legitimate remaining charges will be applied to your account. Trust me, when American Express gets involved the merchants always seem to get in line in a hurry.

I notice your charges were on 6/05, well before your statement closes, I'm going to assume. Even if not, I've never known them to not dispute charges even months after your statement date.

And, THEIR custormer servuce people are first rate and in YOUR corner.

Best of luck with this.

4. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That could be true.

I'm not the type to ask for handouts though. They made me an offer. It was a crappy one. I let them know it and moved on with life.

5. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate to hear about your bad experience OP. We have stayed at Aria several times, and have had only really nice experiences. I almost did not read this, but thought it would give me some info. I think the bell desk info will be most helpful. We will probably just leave the luggage in the car if there seems to be a line at all, then go back and get it when we get the room.

Thanks for posting, so that others will be knowledgeable. I will certainly ask for a manager if something happens, but surely hope I don't have to.

I will report back.

We do split time between Aria and Paris, our home away from home, if our trip is long enough, as they are just two very different properties. We have a host and are diamond at CET, but not at Mlife as our play there is much much lighter.

Hoping for a great upcoming trip for you, and for us, too!! Good luck to all!

6. jpw711

jpw711 Is that your cat?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Reading this post, reminds me of the last time we stayed at Aria and we both said "we don't care if we ever stay here again"

Got an upgrade to a suite due to our Anniversary, non smoking and we wanted smoking. Front desk told us we could change the next morning. Killer suite, view, etc.

Go down to get a smoking suite around noon, was givin a time that the new room will be ready, and was told to go back to the old room about that time and they would call us. Three hours later, we got the new, no view smoking standard room, which we were cool with. What we weren't cool with was being addressed MR. Smith by the room and staff. Amazingly, they knew who were were at checkout.

With that being said, I want the extra free play for my birthday month, so we are giving them another go.

Our stay was nowhere near as a clusterfuck that you had, if that had happened to me, I'd never be back either.

No reason to go home yet.
  7. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I guess I misunderstood your previous post. It sounded like you were upset that all they offered you was an upgrade on a room you'd have to pay for. Personally when someone makes an offer I don't consider negotiating it to be asking for a handout, I consider it a starting point. But insulting them is a surefire way to kill any chance of them caring to rectify things.

8. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wouldn't say I insulted them.

How many people in this thread have said that they also had false charges on their bill upon checkout?

Clearly, that is the Aria's M.O.

9. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Good point. I'm surprised by all the people this has happened to at Aria. I'm wondering if its happened to me and I just didn't notice because I usually just skim for any obvious mistake. But the total is always more than I expect.

I may stay there again next month if my host can match what MGM is offering, but it feels as If they've been tightening up lately.

10. DjZZeRo

DjZZeRo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow that sounds like a horrible experience. I would be super pissed lol. Seriously, smh! haha

11. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Two bell desk pesons but you never revealed who had the bell!! Maybe that was the dilemma not enough sharing so they just sent everyone outside while they figured out how to just get along.

12. griz

griz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Back last November they tried this with me...random minibar bill.
    Seems to be a way to increase revenue from people who don't notice it or don't want to waste the time for a smallish charge.

13. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

Not saying that Aria is not trying to purposefully add charges to room bills, but those minibar weight sensors can be very finicky! If you lift anything out just to read the label and put it back, it will register it as pulled. If you add your own drinks, it will think you took sonething out. Housekeeping could have shuffled stuff around seeing if anyone stuck a bible in the back to make up for the weight of a couple drinks. It sucks to have to argue against a charge and it is a major pain in the butt, but these are some of the things that could happen to trigger a charge.

14. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, crap.

I've gotten to cosmo and checked my bags at 9 am without an issue, right there inside by the check in desk.

I'm moving from South Point to Aria next month and planned on just checking my bags when I arrived at Aria. No idea why this makes me so mad, but I'm not tolerating this bell desk that isn't a bell desk nonsense. Just thinking about it is making me angry.

I was lookin forward to giving Aria a try, but now I'm leaning towards gong with what. Know( and love) over a Cosmo.

Edit to add, I'll only be n the strip for 25 hours with around 4k to blow. OP - if nothing else you may have cost Aria some money at least.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  15. ams722

ams722 Side Bet Shunner

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've checked my bags at Cosmo before - didn't had a problem there. Their bell desk inside the lobby was actually a bell desk.

Aria is the only bad experience I've ever had with a "bell desk."

16. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed at Aria last week--four nights, two of them comped via MyVegas. First time staying there. Beautiful property, wonderful laid-back mornings at the pool. I did see long check-in lines pretty much every time I walked through the lobby (we arrived at 10 pm and the line was only a few people deep).

When I got home and looked at the folio again, I realized that the $100 resort credit that was supposed to be included in the offer that I used had not been applied. I emailed guest relations and within two hours I'd heard back from them with an updated folio, including the resort credit. Sorry you didn't have the same good response!

17. Kimsa70

Kimsa70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love staying at ARIA, but every time I stay there, I know that I must wait in line to physically check out each time, to ensure all my comp charges are comped and all I pay for are my tips.

I think I've stayed there 4 or 5 times, and EVERY TIME, they try to make me pay for ALL my Food & Beverage, and EVERY TIME, I end up spending up to 1 hour setting them straight on the charges.

In the end, it all works out, but that extra hour at the end of a trip is NOT FUN.

One time, they did take over an hour to get my room, and they comped me an extra $100 F&B. So, that was nice, but I would have rather had that hour back after a 5+ hour flight from Connecticut!

18. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, you put your tips on room charges? All our meals are comped up front, but I have always left a cash tip. I was once told by my host that it was not correct to put the tip on our card.
    Maybe different since we are not paying with points, it's all just comped.

19. Bandoman

Bandoman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not correct to put tips on a credit card? I've never heard that.

20. Charming Mess

Charming Mess Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know form my experiences at restaurants, some will hold back a portion of the tips to cover the transaction fees. I tend to tip in cash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.