1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My All Time Fave Restaurant Is #1 On This List

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by zamboni, Jul 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I miss living in KC sometimes, and the best thing about KC was the food. My all time favorite restaurant is OK Joes BBQ. The original one, in the gas station. Have seen lines with number of people in the hundreds there, and no, I am not kidding, it is that good. I went back last year for Rockfest and a Royals game and it was the first place me and my buddy hit when we arrived in KC.

https://www.yahoo.com/travel/top-10-best-restaurants-with-the-longest-lines-93124715207.html

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was in KC a couple months ago and ate at Jack Stack BBQ and really liked it, but a member of our group who used to live in the area told us OK Joe's is the place to be!

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Wow, I've actually been to two, Pink's and Franklin.

Makes me think, what would I choose as my all-time fave restaurant? Hmmmm ...

4. 4Eyes

4Eyes Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i don't get the appeal of Shake Shack in NYC. I ate at the Upper East Side location a couple of months ago. I thought the burgers and fries were mediocre at best. The beef was tasty, the bun was OK but the toppings were sub par. The burgers are also very small -- smaller than In-n-Out. I didn't like their fries at all -- they were overcooked and mostly consisted of short bits and pieces of potato. Like In-n-Out, Shake Shack does not double fry their fries, which results in a soggy fry. I think Shake Shack is popular mainly because they are cheap and deliver OK food, not because their food is anything special.

5. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jack Stack is very good as well, actually probably my second favorite place in KC. They have something called cheesy corn, the recipe is on their website and when we have a family get together that requires a dish to pass, we have made it several times and it always goes over very well.

Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I agree. Definitely not worth waiting in line for and I don't understand why they have such long lines. Back when the first one opened up in Madison Square Park we would send an intern down to pick up a bunch of burgers. I never thought they were great and thought maybe you need to eat them fresh. Then when I ate it fresh it was no better. I never had their shakes though.

As far as Pinks goes the only one I ate it was the Planet Hollywood one, it was fine but if the main LA location is the same food I do not understand why they have long lines either. Some of those southern bbq places on that list look good though.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.