1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

My Alamo Rate Just Went Down

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by weas, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weas

weas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WHOO HOOO

Just saved another $4.50 on my reservation. July 5-11, midsize, $120.04 includes all taxes. I started at $154.26.

Used codes 7014627 and AD2359FDF

Still waiting for them to change the double upgrade for Alamo insiders past June 22nd.

So what will $4.50 buy me? Not much but it is a fun game to play, to see how low your car reservation can go.

:beer:

2. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for this. It inspired me to check my rental rates for July, and they went down by $10 for the 3 day period. More importantly, I switched to Payless from Fox Rent a Car. Down to $86, and don't have to take that dreaded second shuttle.

Crossing my fingers that they have some kind of upgrade special to a convertible. Wish me luck!

3. letsgotovegas

letsgotovegas Low-Roller

Everytime I try to use that coupon code for a late July/early August trip, it tells me that the coupon is not valid with this rental. The coupon itself shows that it's valid through 12/31/12 and I do have a Saturday night stay included so I'm not exactly sure what's up with that.

So far my best rate is with Dollar for a Compact for 12 days on their "City Special" rates at $315 (and some change).

I've even tried doing 2 rentals of 6 days each to try to lower the total cost, but it still comes up more than going with Dollar on a single 12 day rental (plus no return/re-rent hassle!).

I prefer Alamo, but not if I have to pay nearly $100 more (and that's what it's coming to right now).

It definitely pays to keep checking!

4. allustoms

allustoms Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you an Alamo Insider??

Did you enter your Alamo insider's number? I think that coupon is for insiders only. I've been able to use it on my September rental so that's my best guess as to why it won't work for you.

5. weas

weas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My rate just dropped again at Alamo, got upgraded 2 classes to Full size, total for 6 days July 5-11 is now $92.52.

6. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mine just went up a class from compact to mid-size and dropped from $121 to $59 for July 2nd to 5th, plus 1200 Southwest rapid reward points. Nice!

7. eltgabs

eltgabs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going those same dates except leaving on the 4th late night, but I can't seem to get that same deal through the alamo website...Hellpp!!

8. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My rates lept right back up after I locked in that price, and will probably rise. If you haven't done so, lock whatever price they currenlly done so (and it's not too expensive for your budget) and keep checking back multiple times per day. It's constantly changing. I have rebooked as many as four times in one day due to their see-saw pricing. It's like playing a slot machine. Sometimes you win, sometimes not. Good luck. :thumbsup:

9. Souette

Souette Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically go Dollar or Alamo..but out of curiosity, I gambled on Priceline for a $22/day for a convertible for 8 days and for the first time ever scored my bid.
    I saved almost 40% over all the posted prices I was seeing for the past couple of weeks. Yes, I had a full size reserved with Dollar for a little less, but I just love a fair-priced convertible in Red Rock at sunset. :)

10. MinnesotaMike

MinnesotaMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Something must be going on... Checked my budget car rental my total for 4 days last week of july dropped by $150 & moved from compact to full size! Wooohooo!

11. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just checked rentalcars.com and my rate went down again, and I'm staying an extra day, too. Went from $82.75 after all taxes and fees for 3 days at Payless Rental Car to $70.98 for 4 days through Budget.

Still hoping to get a good deal on a convertible, haven't found one yet. July 16-20 if anyone has any suggestions.

12. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rate down to $61.35 for 4 days. Can't get much lower than that due to the taxes and fees imposed by the city/state/rent-a-car-center (It's at $8/day for the car, haha)

Anyone have any experience with Advantage AKA US Rent a Car?

13. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "I got a cheap rate from Advantage rent a car, through rentalcars.com, but there was a line when we arrived and big time up sell on insurance and pre-paid fuel. Then the car stunk, like industrial cleaner and puke. So we brought it right back, they did swap cars but it wasted time. So from now on I will use a different company."

I copied this from my last TR, they had the bill pre-printed with a almost $4 a day insurance charge added. Then made like I was an a$$ not to want it.

I have had the best service and cars from Enterprise, also thru rentalcars.com

14. tapakip

tapakip Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hmmmm, Budget just lowered their price to match Advantage's, and while every place has their horror stories, I'm probably better off going with them after hearing your TR.

Thanks for the info.

15. allmine1958

allmine1958 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you Weas.:nworthy::nworthy::nworthy:
    I just got back from Vegas. I signed up for Alamo insiders and used your $35.00 off coupon. I had no problem picking up the car. Never asked me even about it. Cost me $ 76.00 for 5 days this past busy weekend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.