1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Must eats at SW Steakhouse?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by scc31, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

So I decided to go to SW Steakhouse on my short trip coming up. First time there, super excited.

I will post an update on the restaurant/food. I'm assuming after the renovation the menu is the same.

Anyone have any recommended must eats at SW Steakhouse? Only two people so probably share a big steak and some sides/main courses.

Favorite steaks, sides, appetizers, main course?

(Kobe Beef is out of question at 220/4oz. :(((( maybe if I save enough in my next visit..)

Looking to spend roughly $100-150/person.

I've heard good things about the Chile Ribeye 42oz/$125 but that might be too much meat between us 2. She doesn't eat that much meat.

So I might get a FiletMignon and she'll see if she can get the Chile Ribeye for one person or elect to go with a seafood plate like Butter Poached Maine Lobster. As for appetizer/sides we were thinking Black Truffle Creamed Corn, Mac and cheese and creamed spinach were to die for.

Of course if we get all of that we wouldn't be able to get up for the rest of the night to enjoy our trip and we would go way over our budget. Suggestions welcomed!

2. geoff

geoff Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my wife loves the au gratin potatoes there.. lol she gets that and a filet, always finishes the $14 potatoes and never finishes the $65 steak! i usually go for ny strip with shallots/bacon, sw fries or mashed potatoes, and mushrooms... the chocolate souffle thing is pretty good too

3. dvandentop

dvandentop VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chile ribeye amazing

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The truffle creamed corn and the spinach are my favorites for the sides. I also like the puréed and au gratin spuds. I've been a bit let down by the mac and cheese and Brussels sprouts.

Their oysters are my favorite ones in Vegas. Though, in August they might be a bit on the smaller side. Every salad I've had has been good. But it's hard to go wrong with the steakhouse staple, wedge. The bleu cheese and tomatoes are great and the huge slab of bacon...:drooling:

I usually do the bone in ribeye. But you know what cuts you like - I'm sure they're all good.

I suppose you don't need me to tell you that the bacon muffins kick ass. The pretzel bread is pretty damn good too.

Number 50!
  5. evoni

evoni High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Funnel Cake and Strawberries with three dipping sauces is not to be mixed though all desserts are great. I just ate there last month on my birthday trip and everything was delicious. While I haven't put that trip report together yet due to being a slacker I have photos of the food at dinner last year in July at SW Steakhouse if you want to see them. They are a bit more then halfway down this trip report.

http://www.lasvegasdaze.com/2014/08/summer-of-vegas-birthdays-trip-report.html#more

6. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Chile Rubbed Ribeye is damn good but as you said probably too big. My dad and I split it and we couldn't even finish the whole thing. Seared tartare is a good app, corn was a great side.

7. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't go wrong with any menu item there. Hope you enjoy it! One of my favorite places in Vegas.

8. alexb7

alexb7 MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The SW fries are amazing. I know you're thinking how good can fries be? They are the best damn freedom fries I've ever had.

9. caddy1969

caddy1969 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually order the Filet and au gratin potatoes. Add a salad to that and it's hard to find room for dessert. Have fun and enjoy...

10. Dr Nostron

Dr Nostron Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for chile ribeye

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.