1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mt. Charleston & Snow Skiing Info Needed.

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by DOUBLE B, Sep 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DOUBLE B

DOUBLE B Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Want to plan a snow skiing trip to Mt. Charleston later this fall/winter. Would appreciate some detailed info on where/how to get to skiing area. I heard you had to park and take a shuttle to skiing area. Thanks for any/all info you can provided.

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got back from Vegas last week, where I spent a lot of time up on Mt Charleston.

When you drive up to Mt. Charleston, you first pass this small resort:

http://www.mtcharlestonresort.com/

And after you pass this resort, you take the first right hand turn and keep going along that road for several miles - it will take you to the other side of the mountain where the skiing is. There is a parking lot and a small building where food is served but please note that there is no lodging of any kind at the ski area (I was surprised). If you wanted to stay up on Mt. Charleston to be closer to the skiing you would have to stay at either the Mt. Charleston resort or the small log cabins at the lodge and travel back and forth to the ski area:
    http://mtcharlestonlodge.com/

As for parking and taking a shuttle, that is not what I saw. There is a parking lot right there at the Ski area (I parked so I could take a look around and take some photos) and you just walk right down to the ski lift area. You do not need to take a shuttle.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.