1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MSS, Feb 23-27, short notes

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Ty, Feb 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

A few notes from our latest trip.

Tuesday.
    Flight out of ATL was smooth and uneventful. Landed ahead of time, took the shuttle to the Rent-a-Car center, skipped the Alamo counter and picked out a Hyundai Elantra.

Checked in at MSS. We decided to spend some time at Sam’s Town so we caught the shuttle from the Cal. Got to Sam’s Town and started looking for bar top Jacks or Better VP. Most of the bars were packed. We finally made it to Billy Joe’s bar at the sports book. The bar was empty but had 9/6 JoB at the dollar level. Playing on my card we did about $7k coin-in. I went to the player’s booth and asked for a comp to the steak house. The host said our play didn’t warrant a comp for two but gave us one comp ($45) ‘out of courtesy’. Afterwards we made our way back to MSS and played VP at the Boar’s Head Bar.

Wednesday.
    Started playing VP around 7:30am at Boar’s Head, around 8:30am I went over to the Cal and picked up doughnuts to eat at BHB. For lunch we ate at the MSS buffet, nice variety and quality for the price. More VP and a nap in the afternoon. Late afternoon we resumed VP at BHB, ordered pizza and wings from 777 Brew Pub to have in the room. Watched a bit of tv before going to bed.

Thursday.
    Started playing VP around 7:30am at Boar’s Head, around 8:30am I went over to the Cal and picked up doughnuts to eat at BHB. Shopping day for Kim, at 10:00 I dropped her at the Outlet Mall, returned to MSS for VP, then picked her up at noon. We decided to go back to Sam’s Town, they had a promo going on Thursdays for a free buffet after a certain coin-in. The buffet was good and we played some more VP at the Winchester bar. Returned to MSS, had supper at 777 Brew Pub. More VP that evening at BHB, played till around 11, picked up 777 pizza and sushi for in the room.

Friday.
    Started playing VP around 7:30am at BHB. This was laundry day, around 9:00 we loaded the washing machines at the RV Park, went to Burger King and picked up a couple for burritos for breakfast and took Kim back to the Outlet Mall. By this time the wash cycle was done and I moved the clothes to the driers. Drying takes 45 minutes so I walked over to MSS for a bit of VP at BHB. Got back to the RV Park as the driers turned off, folded the clothes and headed to the Outlet Mall to pick up Kim. We’ve learned to pack an empty duffel bag to bring home the clothes she buys at Chico’s. Lunch was at Aloha Specialties, just across the bridge from MSS at the Cal. This was our first time there, we enjoyed it and we’ll probably go back. Supper was at Red Wood Grill, the porterhouse was great!

After supper we decided to talk to a host about the food we had charged to our room. Earlier in the afternoon we had asked one of the booth ladies which host was on duty and mentioned we wanted to see about getting some charges removed from our bill. So, after supper we went to see the host (Brenda). We were informed the host on duty earlier had already comped our food charges, I asked about the $95 we had just spent on dinner, she looked at our account and said she couldn’t help us. This was disappointing, but we do appreciate the other meals being comped.

Found Joe at Boar’s Head Bar and talked for a short bit. His wife had hit a Royal.

Saturday.
    Up at 2:45am to leave MSS at 3:30 to catch our 6:30am flight. Southwest, we were A20 and A21, the guy ahead of us was B1 and tried to board with his girlfriend A19. The ticket lady told him he would have to wait his turn. The flight was only half-full so he still got to sit in the first row with her. We got the two-seat exit row, a first for us. We got home around 3:30pm eastern time.

Gambling.
    VP coin-in at MSS was 44,495, mostly dollars but some half-dollar and quarter. Lost $1,139, but you can add back 38 scratch cards at $2 each and 2 cards for $3 each. (Kim’s card.) Kim had one Straight Flush and neither of us had a Royal.

VP coin-in at Sam’s Town was 16,214, all dollars. Lost $575. (My card.)

Christmas Trip. Sam's Town & MSS
  2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Southwest is really anal about the numbering system. One trip gf got A60 and I was B1. They actually made us split up to board!

Sounds like you had a good time! Sorry you didn't find a Royal like Joe's wife, but the results don't look too bad with no royal!

You got the car at Alamo we hoped to get. Lol Better than a Focus.

Were the bartops at Sam's the newer ones? I've heard they got replaced last year, but I haven't been there since April. :( I wonder if they have possibly smartened up the theo settings with those machines. That $45 steakhouse comp was most of your theo on $7k coin in.

3. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Winchester Bar? I would say no.
    Billy Joe's Bar? I think yes.

4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, with a 2% theo setting, $46 is right on the money for 33% of your ADT.
    Ty, did you try to get a seat at the Stagecoach Bar? IIRC those machines have 3% theo setting for 9/6 JoB.

Palace Tower Suite!
  5. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good report Ty. Surprised at the lack of help with rosewood grill from Brenda. Must be a mood thing but she offered 50 or 25$'s to me (took the 25 as I was solo) without a problem. Sorry about royal drought but wife enjoyed your story as I read aloud. Except the part about the duffel bag for purchases; it is a great idea / tool but don't need anymore ideas for shoes especially. So I didn't read that part. Lol.
    Your play at ST should generate some offers soon. Haven't been there in years except for penny keno last trip waiting on the shuttle but I still get offers on my b-connected account. Once you get there the shuttle connects you to both DT and the strip without worrying about dui's and blowing in a tube.
    And yeah, people lining up with a numbered card but out of order; just let her get on and save a seat like the other rude couples do. Haha. Thanks again for the report.

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for sharing. Sounded like a blast.

Downtown - Wanker Returns after baby!
    Wanker Returns After Baby
  7. vegasvette

vegasvette Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for your report. Sorry I missed you on Friday when I was downtown.

8. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice to see you again Ty!
    After you left, my wife hit a second Royal on the same machine (#2) at MSS.

See my post about about VMB wristbands in misc Vegas chat.

Christmas
  9. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good to see you too, congrats to your wife on the Royals.
    We spent a lot of time playing on machines 1 and 2. Kim must have primed it for her.

10. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well you didn't prime #1 for me. Possibly my worst losing trip in a number of years. :cry::cry:

Christmas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.