1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MSP LAS Anyone been watching fares?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by sstuna, Jan 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sstuna

sstuna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Need to go in April mid to late in the month. Looks like Delta & Sun country are about $800, in the past Ive paid about $ 600, is that possilbe anymore?
    Anyone flown Spirit? Can get Spirit for $500 with one checked bag & picking cheap seats. WItch sounds great, but I hate the flight times.

2. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you are talking about for two people. I've had Kayak alerts coming to me daily. Delta and Sun County have been stuck on $390 for my dates in May for at least 2 months. Then 2 days ago they went up to $400, but are now back down to $390. I'd be happy if they dropped to $350. I've never tried Spirit.

3. sstuna

sstuna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for input JosieCat. Yes for two. In the past in seemed the best fare was about six weeks before travel date. My last trip was March 2012 & I have not checked prices since then.

4. matti

matti Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be sure to keep an eye on Kayak and their hacker fares.

5. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have not flown Spirit, but my co-worker did. Seats were very tight with little leg room unless you pay extra for larger seats each way. They changed her departure time many times. You pay for a Soda. We try to fly Delta due to hubbys FF Status. I think the Spring Sales have not come out yet.. and you are going after March Madness.. you should be able to get flights around $335 or so per seat. Travelocity will send you alerts when a fare drops into the price range you specify.

6. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi SSTUNA from Truman, MN. I am going next month and 2 days ago on Expedia rates were $318, yesterday they bolted up to $400, and today they were $390. All same flights on either Delta or Sun Country.

You can also go on Allegiants site and check prices from Sioux Falls. They are pretty cheap- RT, non stop for $225.

7. sstuna

sstuna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks MNVegasgal & zamboni,
    I go thru Truman enroute to the races in Fairmont on fridays. Have you ever flown outa FSD?

8. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never flown out of FSD, but I know alot of people that do. I work in Jackson at AGCO and Jackson folks are more inclined to Sioux Falls than they are Mpls/St Paul. I hear it is a very easy airport to navigate. I would fly that Allegiant flight next month, but the only thing I don't care for is the departing time. But if time doesn't matter, it is very cheap.

9. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh, and another thing. Since you are that much further west, the flight time HAS to be quite a bit shorter. I haven't seen the flight time, but I would be willing to bet out of Sioux Falls it cuts it down over an hour.

10. frozen

frozen Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got 295 each, for middle of Feb. I kept looking for a few weeks price never changed. Flying Delta, but at times have used Suncountry. Never used Spirit. Have flown Allegiant to or from Vegas, but have from Phoenix. Too for to drive for little savings.

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, curiosity got the best of me. I check Allegiants flight time, cuts it about 30-35 minutes. But, I think it was on Delta last year, we must have had one helluva tail wind and a favorable flight route, we were almost an hour ahead of scheduled landing time. How often does that happen?

12. bloom1966

bloom1966 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is also the Frontier Airlines option from MSP-LAS.

A short layover (1-2 hours) at Denver (a very nice airport) and you'll be in Vegas in no time. We flew Frontier on a Classic Plus fare a few years ago and everything went great.

13. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $400 is a solid price in the last few years, pretty close to what i've paid the last few times, which also have included 1 stop layovers.

14. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I said screw it and booked mine today. $390 after taxes & fees. I have to book my MPLS room yet. I normally stay at La Quinta Bloomington West, they have 24 hour shuttle service and don't charge to park my car. I fly out early, and can't do the 2 hour drive before my flight, so much easier to stay n fly.

15. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SSTUNA: Don't panic about the airfares just yet; it's too early. I fly out of MSP to Vegas 3 to 4 times a year and usually the fares from Sun Country & Delta will come down 30-45 days before your scheduled date. Try going onto Travelocity website and punch in your flight dates and click on the box that gives you a 3 day window before and after your requested date. You might find by leaving a day early or later that you could save a bunch. I have never paid more than $330 RT on any of my flights to Vegas. Usually I can book for a little less than $300. Have you considered flying on Frontier? You fly into Denver then on to Vegas. I have flown them before and had no problems. I am flying Spirit for the 1st time in a couple of weeks and will post my impressions of them when I get back in early Feb. Hang in there, you should be able to get a better rate.

16. MNVegasgal

MNVegasgal Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sun Country had a sale today for specific dates today out of MSP - Jan 28th - Feb 1st.. for $70 each way. Can't go.. but maybe someone else in MSP can get this great deal.

17. sstuna

sstuna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I booked Spirit last night! April 16th thru 23rd, came $455 with buying into the $9 club. That includes 1 checked bag & picking are seats. Got the first 3 nights comped @ PH & hoping to get the next 3 comped @ Plaza. When I called they said I didnt have any offers that far out, but I could book for $30 a night. I asked about Vegas Club & was told they were not taking any res for there? I think I call back today & see if get the answers. If I end up having to pay for the room the $ I saved by flying Tues thru Tues will by spent on the room. We have always gone Sunday thru Friday in the past & been able to get comped hopefully they will hook us up over a weekend. The trip is longer than I would like, Im not good at pacing myself & after about 3 or 4 nights my body is not happy with me. Never stayed @ PH before, this is the first time they would comp are room (only during the week tho). I can't belive they even comp us at all, the low rollers we are. I had 1700 teir credits last yr & after reading posts on here that is pretty low.

18. sstuna

sstuna Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to hearing what you think of Spirit. I know alot of people bitch about the small seats & getting charged for everything. I guess for $455 RT for two people you can't expect to much. I do wish they had better flight times tho, leaving MSP @ 930 pm & leaving LAS @ 1230 AM. I don't know if I should go without a room for the last 12 hours of the trip or get the room for an extra night & check out @ around 9 PM?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.