1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mr. Anser is my friend, again

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by ken2v, Aug 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

One round. It only took one round with that big pig ugly Taylor Made Spider snowplow in the bag for the Ping putter to get the message. Actually, it took him a round or two to round back into shape but he requited himself quite nicely this past two weeks up north and then down in La Quinta.

:thumbsup:

2. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's hard to go wrong with the classic style of an Anser. I've tried many putters in the store and at the course and I just can't get into the large headed putters. I have Tour Edge's version of an Odyssey #9 currently in my bag which is about the biggest that I'll go.

3. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I like that Odyssey #9 look. A friend plays with one and it feels right. Of course, I was an 8802er for a long time and it's an 8802 with stability.

4. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I try numerous clubs (my weakness = fairway wood demos), and have a few extra 'sets' of clubs down the basement for use by 'friends', but have one club that has never been replaced = my putter.

No name - I remember buying it in a local proshop for $9.95 in 1978, after winning 2nd place in the 3rd flight of the Redcliff Junior Open. It was my first full sized putter (all the rest were cut down to my size).

Yup, I was 8 years old, and still use it, almost 40 years later. (and never threatened to replace it - although I had some suspect seasons when old faithful didn't work as well).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.