1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MOzen, The Country Club, or Bally's Sterling Brunch?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by ah6tyfour, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking of going to Sunday brunch with some friends at one of the three high-end brunch spots in town. I've always been sort of fascinated with the MOzen brunch since they pair the buffet with an actual entree.

But in actually deciding on a place, it's tough to choose between MOzen, The Country Club at Wynn's jazz brunch, and the Bally's Sterling Brunch. The prices are $58, $65, and $85, respectively.

I know the Bally's Sterling Brunch may not be alive much longer, so I sort of want to go there, but the reviews are sometimes mixed and it seems like a very heavy meal.

To me, MOzen's brunch still seems the most balanced. A heavy main entree with a buffet of lighter yogurts, sashimi, soba noodles, raw bar, fruit, etc.

Anyone been to all three?

2. SUMMER1DREAM

SUMMER1DREAM Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have booked a table for three of us at Bally's sterling brunch and would be interested in reading any feedback as I loved staying at Bally's many years ago but have not been to their brunch...

3. Dean Martin

Dean Martin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't been to all 3 but I can vouch for the Jazz Brunch at Wynn. It's excellent and you just can't beat that beautiful golf course view and country club feel of that restaurant.

That's one of the things I like most about all of Steve Wynn's properties that he's built. He (and his "people") are very good at designing some parts of the resort that make you feel like you're someplace other than the middle of the desert.

4. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Please report back once you've dined there! I don't know what your plans are, but I have heard reports that the lobster tails get a bit rubbery as they sit around. So you might consider moving your reservation as early as possible and catch the lobster as it just comes out.

I do love that view of the golf course from the outdoor patio! Was it completely a buffet or were you also offered a choice of an entree from the kitchen? I'm tempted to choose the Jazz Brunch because the weather is perfect right now to be outdoors. I want to take advantage of it before the cold sets in!

5. win4me

win4me Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also made a reservation here for my mid Nov. trip because it may be our last chance to try it (and I can use RCs to pay for it!). I am wondering if the food is mostly "old school buffet" and heavy. After hearing about "rubbery lobster tails" I am having second thoughts (we are eating at 1pm).

6. Busyman

Busyman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there mid-Nov and am waiting to see how many are going with us to make a reservation. I'm probably going to treat whoever comes.

7. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    buffet and a selection of menu items - all included for the price.

I actually prefer to sit in the bar area where the band is.

8. Duanerice

Duanerice Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to the Sterling Buffet last year after wanting to go for many year. We had a Groupon so said why not? Loved it. I doubt the atmosphere is as nice as the other places but the food is very good. Not typical buffet food and kind of small in comparison to the big buffets but wow!

The big draw for most is the champagne and the lobster but there is a lot of other great stuff. Just the crab claws alone are almost worth the trip. Asked my wife, a steak lover, is she wanted Gordon Ramsay of the Sterling Buffet. The Sterling won hands down so we have reservations again this year.

it also helps that you can pay with Total rewards comps :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.