1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Moving Primary comps from one player to another

Discussion in 'Comps' started by ACgambler, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACgambler

ACgambler Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heard this through the grape vine and thought I would throw it out there for anyone in the know. That if you are overcomped your host has the ability to pull unused primary comps off of one player and attach them to another player to balance out his stats for the week. I realize it's just moving money around but is this how Monday morning quarterbacking works in the back offices of the marketing executives? Host's all sitting together reviewing play and making trades on unused comps to make their stats look better. Don't know if it's true but makes sense and I wouldn't be surprised.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no, they absolutely don't trade comps between hosts. hosts are not friends, they are like salesman working on commission. they might act nice to each other, but bottom line is they're each trying to get ahead of the other guy. also they can get in big trouble (fired) for putting charges on another player without his permission even if the comps are just going to get unused.

however, I will confirm that sometimes a host will move stuff around for one of his good players. he can move charges to a past trip that had unused comps so this trip works out better. he can also move charges to another one of his players, but as i said that's very risky and i'm certain isn't done very often. if he got caught doing that, he would most certainly be insta-fired, so he would never tell another host about it or anything like that.

3. natedog666

natedog666 17 and 20 Expert

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually go with a group of friends, some gamble, some don't. What a good host will do is add your name onto their rooms if it looks like they are going to be over comped to cover their comps, or moving dining bills to different rooms, essentially with the same result as moving the primary comps.

However, the key point that shifter pointed out is the players must all know each other and agree...otherwise it is a big nono.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.