1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Moving from Boyd to El Co

Discussion in 'Comps' started by gregluvsvegas, Sep 19, 2016.

1. gregluvsvegas

gregluvsvegas Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been a loyal Boyd customer since 2012. I get lots of comp invitations and always get monthly offers of 4 night stays, a food coupon book, and $100 free play. However, despite visiting 3 times a year and attaining Emerald status, they don't really do a good job of making their customers feel welcome or special. I see Boyd fawning over their Hawaiian guests but they really don't seem to have time for anyone else.

I have upped my game from .25 VP to dollars. In the main video poker area at Fremont, their dollar VP is in an area where there are 2 ticket redemption machines. There is a constant stream of people gathering to stand in line waiting to cash in tickets. It's very distracting.

On my last two trips, I found myself spending a lot more time at El Cortez. The high stakes VP area next to the main cage is wonderful. It's quiet, laid back, and there is not a constant stream of people causing commotion. The music is not crazy loud and the people that work there are friendly and welcoming (especially Helena).

My comp offers from El Co have been mostly disappointing. The best offer I have seen so far are quarterly offers of 3 nights, $25 F/B credit and $40 in freeplay (that cannot be used on coin dropper machines). Is this typical of El Co comp offers? Will offers get better after I stay with them and play with them more, or is this already top of the mark?

2. ruralhipster

ruralhipster Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My offers from the ElCo have dropped over the last 10 years for roughly the same level of play. I used to get 3 nights cabana / 75 food /75 fp and now I get 3 nights tower 25 food and 25 fp. I would still consider it but the food quality and selection isn't what it used to be. I typically get 4 night 100fp and food book at MSS. Boyd is getting cheap too but not as fast as the Cortez.

3. MoneyToBurn

MoneyToBurn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually hit ElCo for three nights every trip, and I think I'm still in the three free nights/ $75 food and $75 fp range. I've been going there for a few years now, and it hasn't changed much. I'm in the second from lowest tier.

I play slots, though, with a bit of blackjack and VP thrown in, but as you can imagine, my theoretical loss is much higher than a poker player running the same $ through.

The other thing might be, and this I don't know, because I don't play at Boyd, is that the small gains throughout the day, like the free sub, or that genie free play thing might have some offsetting value. That being said, I hit that place reasonably hard some trips (I'm diamond at CET, for reference), and I'm still looking at three nights, and $75 food, which really is quite a lot, given what's available. Not knowing how much coin in you do, of course, I imagine if you're getting three night and 25/40 offers, it won't jump that much from long standing play.