1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Movie review

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tastes in movies are similar to tastes in pizza. Nobody agrees.
    Yesterday we picked up The Cabin in the Woods from Redbox. On the surface it looked like your typical slasher movie. 4 young adults, isolated cabin etc.

It had it all…secret, evil government agency, zombies, mummies, axe murderers, ghosts, giant anacondas, slashers, gargoyles, you name it and it was in the movie. Unbelievably, this movie got a 91 on Rotten Tomatoes.:confused2:

This movie was so bad; it might become like Rocky Horror Picture Show and become a campy favorite.:poke:

Sigourney Weaver had a small part and Bradley Whitford (West Wing) played a major role. Every time we see a stinker movie with known actors I joke to my wife the only reason they took the part was they must have needed to make a boat payment. Maybe one of them bought the Onassis yacht and really needed the money.

Oh well, only cost us $1.29. I feel sorry for someone who paid full price.

Christmas
  2. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Different strokes......I loved it and went back to the theater for a second viewing. To me, any film that can take a tired routine formula, turn it on it's ear, and make something new is worth enjoying. How many remakes, sequels, and reboots can the public stomach? There are almost no new ideas left. Cabin In The Woods had wit, surprises, unexpected turns, and still all the scares and gore that people expected. Thumbs up from Oregon.

3. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am an avid film collector and have almost every rare and not-so-rare horror film you can imagine in my collection.

I also loved "The Cabin In The Woods" - it was not meant to be a straight-faced typical horror film. It is a tongue-in-cheek satire aimed at the slasher film genre and I thought it was an innovative and creative breath of fresh air in a genre that has been done to death (literally). I would much rather watch "The Cabin In The Woods" over and over again on blu ray rather than subject myself to any of the horrific "remakes" of horror classics that were perfect in their original incarnations did not need to be "redone" in a shockingly subpar manner (Rob Zombie, are you listening???)

4. habs0nut

habs0nut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The problem with this movie was how it was marketed. I had no idea that it was before I watched it that it was going to be poking fun at the slasher genre. I really enjoyed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.