1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Most you would pay for Airfare to Vegas and from where ?

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Hoowaa, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoowaa

Hoowaa Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    $500 is my limit from Winnipeg Canada.

If that's not available I end up driving to Grand Forks and will pay up to $400 each if there are two of us but generally can get $2-300 per seat.

What is your threshold ?

2. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are 7 SWA flights almost every day from Milwaukee, WI to LAS. Bunch of degenerate gamblers looking to escape the cold and snow.:poke:

Anyway, 3 of them are non-stop and 100% of the time we only fly to Vegas non-stop. We have taken a connecting flight returning occasionally because I don't like flying at 7:30 AM. I get to the airport 2 hrs ahead of any flight and that is just to early to leave Vegas.:drunk:

But to answer your question, I think my cutoff would be ~$350 ea way. I have never paid that much, but in my head I'm just thinking that is the point I would say no.

We are both retired so we can be flexible to a certain point. Fall & winter trips kind of revolve around bowling leagues and in summer, golf leagues. But, we'll blow those off for a good fare.

Christmas
    My wife's birthday
  3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know that I have a set limit, but generally I'm not impressed unless I'm playing $350 or less RT from Detroit. I try to shoot for $300.

4. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

I always said if we had to fly in like you guys that tally up there in the corner would be a fraction of what it is.

5. Kiwicol

Kiwicol Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always appreciate how lucky you are to live close people - over $2,000 for me no matter how cheap I get it.

Flip side of course is I wouldnt swap where I live:thumbsup:

6. gregsmith

gregsmith Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Got two round trip tickets this year from Baltimore for a total of $480 on Delta and that seems like a steal!

7. Wanger1969

Wanger1969 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Man - thats one beautiful place to live.

I feel fortunate that airfare from where I live is realitively inexpensive for the limited choices we have as far as airline vendors. If I fly Allegiant locally, I never spend more than $300. Usually I can get it for around $200/pp, but I bargain shop for good prices all year. I can always drive the 3 hours North to Minneapolis and can usually find something sub $300 as well.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right now, about $300 or so round trip from Chicago nonstop. It does limit how often I can go but I don't care. If I have to pay more than that just for a flight, I step back and wonder if that money would be better spent going somewhere else.

9. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

We're still waiting for another of those $399 r/t specials we used when we made our most recent venture your direction! Sadly I think that was more than a rare event.

Terri's thinking of another Thanksgiving visit to Melbourne, probably next year, to see her sis. I suggested South Island instead and I'd tag along. :)

10. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are "somewhat" lucky, flying Southwest out of Chicago Midway, which generally has better prices due to the many flights available, and the level of competition with O'Hare.

The days of the $99 flights are gone, but last November our r/t flights priced out at $280 each ... our recent Jan/Feb r/t flights were $236 each ... our upcoming April r/t flights are at $260 each, and our September r/t flights now stand at $284 each (subject to re-booking). :thumbsup:

Being retired, we are obviously more flexible than many people, but when those r/t prices exceed $400 each, we will probably rethink our plans. :rolleyes2:

11. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'll pay $1200 for first if it's last minute, but any more than that I would probably consider flying coach depending on how much that was. $900 is a great price. one thing I won't do is take anything but nonstop no matter how much cheaper it might be.

12. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure I have a limit. After all, the market is market.

We fly from the southeast and have paid from $220 to as much as $550 each RT. And, of course a number with points.

13. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For us our airfare is normally about $375-425 per person for a non-stop round trip.

We could go cheaper and probably get flights for around $225-250 per person for a round trip if we took a stop along the way, but I really don't like doing connecting flights and only take them if I utterly have to.

As for "what is the most?" when it comes to booking a flight to Las Vegas thats hard to say, but it would probably be up around $600-700 per person normally...

Though I have paid more: in 2009 for our NYE trip we paid $875 per person (apparently booking in October was considered "late" and a lot of flights on Dec 29-31 were already sold out) and the most we've paid was around $3800 per person.

14. atcmurph

atcmurph Watcher Of The Skies

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From IND I am happy to get SWA nonstop for $300 or under. I start getting twitchy when it hits $400.

15. Marky147

Marky147 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I pay whatever it costs, last year I paid $1.8k for Prem Economy and this year it's $1.2k Coach.

Double digits!
  16. Netta

Netta Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just paid $470 RT from Cleveland. No good deals right now. I remember paying 149.00 for nonstop RT from Cleveland to Vegas. Not anymore usually 450+ now:grrr:

17. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From Baltimore vs From Denver

Up until 8 months ago, I was flying out from Baltimore and my limit was about $400 round trip.

Since moving to Denver, however, I've found most flights to be around $200 round trip. Sometimes a little better ($86 each way is the best I've seen so far). So that's probably my limit now. I'd hate to pay much more than $200 for a 90 minute flight.

18. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yup for Denver. Usually get at least one way on SWA for that wierd $86 price, then between $100 and $200 for the other leg.

However...

about a month ago there was a 24 hour sale for mid summer flights. I grabbed a round trip for July 4th week for $61 each way - $121.80 all in round trip!!

19. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Out of Seattle, I have never paid more than $200 R/T. I fly on off days though, usually Saturday and Tues. It is getting harder and harder to keep it under that though. Only a few years ago I would have said $150 was my max.

20. VegasSteven

VegasSteven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jdvegas, $121 RT is a steal! Good for you. :thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.