1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Most outrageous or ridiculous bet in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by bigpatpunisher, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Craps, roulette, sports event, horse race...just curious about the largest amount you've ever placed on a crazy low percentage bet. Did you hit? Or at least come close?

I'm a low roller, so other than throwing a $20 on a single roulette number while leaving, I don't have anything noteworthy. But I assume there are some good stories here.

2. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I normally play $.01/$.05/$.25 machines but played a $100 machine for 20 spins once... my only hit was one cherry..

3. theshaah

theshaah Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last October at 3 in the morning I was playing sigma derby and put 1 dollar on the 200 to 1 longshot and it hit.

4. bdautch

bdautch High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I played that money wheel thing, which I know is idiotic. But it was the 4th of July and instead of a joker, the wheel had an American flag. So being provincial and jingoistic and all that, I put my last $20 on the flag. It hit for 45-1 ($900). I sometimes take a crazy flyer on something if I'm down $500 or so, as I was on this day, as I'm on my way out. This was one of the few times it actually worked.

5. Terry Benedict

Terry Benedict VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That must have been a walk of shame.

6. CosmoGold

CosmoGold Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :usa:

7. TXactuarial

TXactuarial Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hit a 6 team parlay at PHo for a nice $400 payoff - all games MLB.

8. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Sometimes I will play craps or slot machines if friends I am with want to play them. It's worth losing a little just to have fun with friends, and I am actually ahead lifetime at craps.

9. maxnew40

maxnew40 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had bet $20 on the Seahawks to win the Super Bowl the year before they actually won the Super Bowl (the odds were higher then). Seahawks used to always be my fun long shot bet.

-Max

10. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "What do you have riding on this game?"
    "The love of my daughter."
    "Whaattttt a gambler!"

11. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice!

12. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One time recently I had just blown $200 at a BJ table and walked with $12 left (Must have been a $15 table or I would have played one more hand)
    I walk by a $10 roulette table that was full and right next to the wheel where I was I get the dealers attention and play $6 on the split zeros and $6 on the #25..

#25 hits to my shock and dealer asks me how I want the payout and I said colors..I'm standing up whole time and next thing I see is stacks of roulette chips being pushed to me..
    I said sorry regular chips like "Color in"...Stayed to play out the original bet left on the 25 and tipped out a $5 or something..But cool quick bounce -back from a losing session.
    Another time as a 'kid' in AC I left a BJ table with a $2.50 chip and was broke..walked past an empty wheel game and put the chip on the 20-1 spot and it hit..I go right back to the same BJ table and promptly lose that as well..

- - - Updated - - -

One time recently I had just blown $200 at a BJ table and walked with $12 left (Must have been a $15 table or I would have played one more hand)
    I walk by a $10 roulette table that was full and right next to the wheel where I was I get the dealers attention and play $6 on the split zeros and $6 on the #25..

#25 hits to my shock and dealer asks me how I want the payout and I said colors..I'm standing up whole time and next thing I see is stacks of roulette chips being pushed to me..
    I said sorry regular chips like "Color in"...Stayed to play out the original bet left on the 25 and tipped out a $5 or something..But cool quick bounce -back from a losing session.
    Another time as a 'kid' in AC I left a BJ table with a $2.50 chip and was broke..walked past an empty wheel game and put the chip on the 20-1 spot and it hit..I go right back to the same BJ table and promptly lose that as well..

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.