1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Morning Tournaments Mid-Stripish

Discussion in 'The Poker Room' started by phade, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here's the back story....I can hold my own playing poker. Not the greatest, not the worst. Don't get to play it enough at home or in Vegas.

I've been to Vegas a few times and prefer tournaments or LLHE cash games. Here's the kicker...nobody in my 6-party group plays besides me. Really, that forces my hand at the fact I can only play morning poker as the afternoons/evenings are tied up with the remaining party - it's family so "getting away" from the group is impossible.

I need an early a.m. tournament to hit up. Will be there July 6-10. Prefer buy-in of $100 or so or less. Even better if they are at 8 or 9 a.m. I've visited the usual sites, but I've seen quite a few sites struggle with current details. If I get ITM, then I can sell the rest of the group on me being late and not being shunned.

Any suggestions? Staying at Flamingo. Played there before, and had some pretty poor experiences in both the tourney and cash game (drunks/typical shenanigans).

2. theghost

theghost Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ceasar's does a 9AM NLHE tournament......fast structure but still a fun deal if you are itching to play that early. I think its $70+$20
    Harrahs has a 10 AM that I have played in a few times and its ok.....same type of structure but still pretty decent im thinking it was $60/$65 range?
    I think Monte Carlo has a 9AM tourney but I have never participated or even played poker there.....
    Most of the other rooms (Mirage, MGM, Wynn, V/P etc) all have tournaments that start around 11/12 range.

Im sure there are more but this is all I can think of going by memory.

3. bluerider

bluerider Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theghost summed it up well. Not too many choices for morning tourneys. If you could wait until 11am or even Noon, you're options would open up substantially.

My buddy is a super early riser in Vegas and when we stayed at Monte Carlo he played in the morning tourney a few times. Usually 2 tables at most, but not too bad of an option. It's not the greatest structure, but none of them are in the morning. This was a year and a half ago, so take it for what it is.

You mentioned checking sites, so you may have already done so, if not check out allvegaspoker.

Personally, I'm not in a position to play an AM tourney in Vegas as I'm busy sleeping or trying to shake off the cobwebs from the previous nights "comped" beverages. My current favorite Vegas tourney is the Aria 7pm. Solid structure, awesome room, good dealers and a steady field. Top shelf drinks comped and delivered by some of the hottest CWs on the strip is a bonus. Comfy chairs too!

4. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Missing Harrahs 8AM

Rotten structure, but worth it for $25.
    My choices are Planet Hollywood or Harrahs at 10 or TI or Mirage at 11.

5. ksgambler

ksgambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. Harry5

Harry5 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played the Caesars 9am a couple of times in April as well as the PH 10.00am.

Neither are great structures, but the Caesars one particularly is well run, a good room and with it being Caesars,there is usually the chance of 25+ players turning up.

7. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there in mid-May, Planet Hollywood's tournaments guaranteed $1000 for first place. That drove entries.

They also allow you to charge your cell phones using the power strips under the unused poker tables.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.