1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Morimoto at Mirage Question

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by TylerH50, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TylerH50

TylerH50 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know when Morimoto is set to open? If I remember correctly, it is going into the space where Japonais is. Have they closed Japonais for renovations yet?

2. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last I heard they were shooting for mid-summer, but who knows. I love that they have an entry for Morimoto on the Mirage website, list it as "coming soon", and link to a 2013 USA Today article about how it's expected to open in 2015.

One possibility is that they might not wind up doing a full reno, but rather primarily rebranding it as "Japonais by Morimoto", which is what they did with the Chicago location. That might make the turnaround a bit faster.

3. GROWLR

GROWLR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I originally saw he was coming to Mirage (summer 2013) it said restaurant was opening early 2014. Obviously that didn't happen.

So they're at least a year behind schedule. I'd like them to hurry up. Never was a real fan of Japonais, and the Mirage could use another quality restaurant in its lineup.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.