1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo vs Excalibur vs Luxor Buffet

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Thickskinnedalive, Feb 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Leaving for Vegas in 16 days and have 2 buffets for 2 purchased already, MGM and Mandalay Bay. Have 19k in LP and looking to minimize food costs while there. Only realistic targets food wise for 2 are Lux & Excal for 30k and MC for 36k

Out of those 3 attainable rewards which buffet is the best? I know none of them is anywhere near high end but is the food and selection at least decent or should I get a Bellagio buffet and pay for the second one?

2. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never done the one at Excalibur. Luxor and Monte Carlo to me are on par with the national chain buffets. The Luxor/MC are smaller though.

If that is acceptable to you, then I would suggest Monte Carlo over Luxor, but it isn't a strong suggestion. I felt they were pretty equal.

If you are interested in a lunch buffet, I suggest the BOGO Lunch at Aria. Obviously not free, but this is a very large step up. Bellagio also would be a very good step up. Only you can say if any of those 3 you mentioned is going to be something you like. They are priced accordingly, and there is no diamond in the rough here. :)

If you do go ahead with one of those 3, I highly suggest doing that one first and then MGM/MB after. End on a high note. :)

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done all three and I would describe them like:

Excalibur: Overall I thought food was good and tasted good... but there is nothing special about this buffet: its just like any buffet you would find in any city.

Monte Carlo: They have some fancier foods and specialty dishes, but it is a very small buffet so the overall selection is kind of lacking.

Luxor: It looks bigger than it really is - they have two of everything out there, half on one side and half on the other, so the selection is really half of what it is. Overall a decent selection of food but not much in the higher end variety.

4. marillo

marillo Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All 3 buffets are not that good, but when I have to deceide, I would give my vote for Monte Carlo

5. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

I've done all 3. All 3 are fine for basic nutrition if you're just looking to fuel up. Monte Carlo gets the slight nod. Go in with low expectations and you won't be disappointed. It's not bad but just given the alternative options, it's usually not the bet choice. But given the situation, Monte Carlo.

6. aliasyoshi

aliasyoshi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't had Excalibur, but I agree with the above assessment. :thumbsup:

7. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought Excal was decent and met expectations of your typical buffet fare. I'd eat again with the "fuel up" mentality.

If that means not spending a few hours playing the game, then I'd go for that. I don't think the value of MC/Luxor is worth an hour or two of your life in the grand scheme of things.

8. Thickskinnedalive

Thickskinnedalive Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the opinions. I was leaning towards MC originally until I started reading all the negative reviews. I'm sure giving away all these free buffets is having a negative impact on them in terms of quality. Beginning to think getting one Bellagio or Aria free and paying for the other will be the better option given that time is short in Vegas not to enjoy all aspects of being there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.