1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo - construction?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by ostate41, Sep 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ostate41

ostate41 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heading to Vegas in 6 months and will be staying at the Monte Carlo for the first time. We chose it because of its location as well as the multiple fun times we have at a Diablos :wink2:

My question, and I apologize if it has been answered, but the construction around Monte Carlo/NYNY....will it be completed by April? I have read press releases but I can only find "completed early next year". Also, should we purchase the "high floor strip view rooms"? I have read where you want to be above the 15th floor for a good view. While we won't be spending tons of time in the room I still appreciate a nice room and view.

Thanks for any replies, haven't been back in 2 years since my brother was married at Ceasars. Traveling with at least 6 people this year for a kind of wedding party reunion.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, so far all they are saying is "early 2014" for when the new pedestrian walkway will be open. There doesn't seem to be too much to actually build, mostly just some clearing space, renovating and landscaping so they should have it done on time.

I don't think they have started on the arena they were planning back there, that'll probably take some time to build though.

As for the high floor strip view rooms: thats the room they were giving us as part of the Mlife Gold "free room upgrade" and the rooms are fine and you do get a good view of The Strip, for what you can see from the angle of Monte Carlo.

3. ostate41

ostate41 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you very much. Appreciate the quick reply. I think we will just go for it hoping the walkway will be done by April. Like you said, it doesn't look like much to actually build. Looking forward to the new walkway, looks to match or flow with the properties next door.

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  5. ostate41

ostate41 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great, thanks for the link! See you are headed to Monte Carlo in a few weeks...have you stayed there before and what is your opinon of the place? Thanks again for any info!

6. Big Tip

Big Tip VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be there tomorrow night to check it out for you.

I've stayed at Monte Carlo at least 10 times. I like it. I hope they don't f--k it up any more than they have. That being wrecking the classy front facade with Diablo's, doing away with the brewery, and changing the rules on what was formerly the best shoe BJ game on the Strip.

7. abileneblues

abileneblues Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anybody been there recently? Any knowledge of the sound levels?

8. swoozieque2

swoozieque2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monte Carlo

Is there construction going on at the Monte Carol? We received an email with a good rate, but didn't want to stay there if it was going to be a hassle.

Thanks!

9. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there last month, construction was no problem at all.

10. thfc14

thfc14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Only at the Front between Monte Carlo and NYNY.

11. Knucklehead69

Knucklehead69 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There is construction but not inside the building... only out front.
    Go to Vegaschatter.com to see some photos.

12. blackjacknut

blackjacknut VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Construction is not an issue, it is contained to the front of the hotel.

13. emileeash

emileeash Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monte Carlo Construction

Hi everyone! Planning a May trip to Vegas and staying at the Monte Carlo.
    Is there a lot of construction going on there or nearby?

14. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not an issue. Just out front.

15. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes between Monte Carlo and NYNY they are doing $100 million in construction/expansion out front.

Shops and stuff. According to articles in Nov/Dec of 2013 it is going to open in the spring but no set timetable of what month.

Vegaschatter.com keeps up with the happenings in Vegas and you may want to read through there occassionally to see where things stand.

16. ostate41

ostate41 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will be staying at Monte Carlo this Thursday. I know the pizza place is opening this Friday and Double Barrel is already open but I have been unable to find any recent pictures of construction out front. I visit vegaschatter daily and have seen pictures of the new restaurants but nothing on the construction out front. Can anyone that has stayed their recently or visited NYNY/Monte Carlo update me on the construction out front? Or if someone has any pictures that would be great too. Appreciate any updated info, thanks!

17. aaronw915

aaronw915 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  18. fenway68

fenway68 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I really like seeing what they have done to bring this place up to date...we stayed here on our second trip back in 1997, and have stayed 2 more times since...and now are booked for June...very happy with the decision to stick with this property! Maybe we will finally try Andre's at least for happy hour...or brandy and Cigars after dinner...

anyone know if there is VP at the new roadhouse bar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.