1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monte Carlo 3,15,15-3,19,15

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by mikeyvegas1, Mar 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Arrived on Sunday late afternoon after the plane ride was an hour shorter then advertised :nworthy:. Wife got in line to check us in while I walked over to Planet Hollywood to get our show tickets for later that night. Wife got through the line pretty quickly and up to the room before I even got to the ticket counter. I got there shortly after we got cleaned up and went for Sushi at RA up at the fashion show mall. We ate here a few years ago and were blown away but we have not been sure how good it was since we were famished when we ate there last time. This time it was good but not as good as we remembered. We had a couple drinks plus the big can of beer we each got from the cvs and we had a nice buz going for Marc Sevard comedy hypnosis. This show was hilarious. I would advise anyone to see it and they have a groupon for $20 for 2 tickets.

Next morning the wife and I are endurance athletes so we got up and did a run up the strip got cleaned up and walked over to Ellis Island for a late breakfast. The wait was 45 min although hungry we thought we would play a little blackjack until our table was ready. Got up $40 pretty quickly on the $5 table and decided to go wait. It felt like forever to get a table and longer to get our food and since we were starved we got to orders each. I got Chicken Fried Steak and biscuits and gravy, she got French toast and a veggie omelet. Portions were biger then expected and we could not finish it all and the bill was only $24. Overall good but next time we will be prepared for a wait. Next the wife and I split up for a bit, she went and sat by the pool which is what I should have done but I played blackjack at Bellagio. I started off good getting up over $200 but I sat down thinning I would play for a couple of hours and before I knew it I was down over $200 let it be a lesson in when to get up and walk away. Next we had a groupon for the Zip Line at the Rio along with Dinner reservations at Voodoo Steakhouse. We saved up $250 in social rewards for this one. We walked over to Ballys just as the shuttle was about to leave. A few minutes later we were at the Rio. went up stairs did the zip line it took all of 5 min. It was fun but I will not pay to do it again. With still 2 hours to dinner we walked over to the Gold Coat found a double deck pitch game. The wife never played this before so she sat out a shuffle and learned. We played about a half hour doubled our money and got up and left. Got back to the Rio still an hour til dinner reservation so sat at the bar and tried video poker. I put $10 in played for a while then the bar tender asked how it was going I told him down $5 and he gave us a free drink. Then I hit 4, 2s and I was up $13 cashed out left him a nice tip and went up stairs to dinner. Dinner was great I got rack of lamb she got scallops on short rib. Both were amazing. After dinner we went out on the deck and enjoyed the view for a bit. Wanted to go up to the lounge but it was closed for a private party.

Tuesday we got up I did not feel good from a cold I have been fighting so the wife went to the Gym in the spa and got a workout while I walked to the cvs to get a Nedi Pot to clear out the sinuses. But did not get there without stopping at the single deck game where I got $50 back from what I lost at the Bellagio. After the wife got back we got cleaned up and decided to go for lunch we still had $83 from social rewards so we went to Gordon Ramsey Burger for early lunch. We had burgers and each a beer. Good burgers too( we were a little disappointed with the food at the Pub and Grill last May). We went back to the Monte Carlo to use our Myvegas $50 free play. We each got one and played video poker at ignite bar. The Bar tenders were good we told them it was free play but they just kept serving us free drinks. Had a lady come up order a wine then bitch about it not being good enough so that was interesting people watching. Not sure what she expected as Ignite is not a fancy wine bar. I was winning more then the wife for a while then she hit 4 aces and we ended up walking away with an extra $120 between the 2 of us (with a good buzz going too). Next we had shark reef passes from Myvegas so we made our way to Mandalay Bay found the place relatively easy and walked through. It was kinda neat had some reptiles and sharks nice to see and killed some time but probably would not pay to see it. Then we had about 90 min before our dinner reservations at Rice N Company at the luxor. I wanted to play some blackjack the wife wanted a coffee so she went and got that and decided to watch me play. I got up a bit so I colored out my original black chip. Then every time I got a green chip I handed it to my wife after I gave her 3 of them I ran out of the red chips and left the table. We still had 45 min to dinner so we went to the bar and each lost $40 at video poker but the free drinks were coming:beer:. With about 15 min to spare we went up to dinner and it was very good. We each had a glass of Pinot Grigio which went great with the sushi and we left stuffed. Next we had tickets to Ka across the street at MGM Grand once again from Myvegas. The show was pretty good. It sounded like they had speakers in the seats and the stage they were on was very mechanically impressive. After the show it was still early but we did not want to do anymore drinking so we went back to the Monte Carlo. The wife decided to read her book a little and I played some more blackjack. Played at a $10 table with some college kids to my left that did not know what they were doing and some other folks to my right that had a hard time deciding what to do always holding up the game. None of that mattered because I was winning. After half an hour I colored out my original amount plus $10. Later when I was done I left with another $120 so the best blackjack session of the trip. went to the cage then up to the room.

Wednesday is our last day here. I woke up early with my best night of sleep so far on the trip. I went for a run on the strip and the wife went back to the gym. We got back about the same time got cleaned up and checked out left our bags with the valet and went to find some breakfast. We still had $33 on our social rewards so went to the flamingo to try the buffet which was pretty good. Did not want to stuff ourselves since we had Myvegas for the Bellagio buffet that evening. I still ate a lot it is hard not too so we decided to get in some walking. we continued north on the strip where the wife started here winning streak. We stopped at the Venetian. Went into that store where you can mix your own oils and they also have liquors and wine. We got 3 bottles of oils a small bottle of scotch and a bottle of wine and they ship for free if you spend enough. Next we walked past a War game. I have wanted to try it and pulled my wife over. I put $60 on the table and its $10 min which is not bad but the game is so fast I did not care for it I broke even after maybe 10 hands and walked away. Next we walked up to the Wynn and we had won $525 there before at roulette but have not been back in a while since we have been on the south end of the strip more. I talked the wife into playing and she hit on her first spin. After a couple duds we go up and left with her still up. Next we went up to the Riv so I could get my souvenir chip. We found a single deck game and played for 45 min I lost and she won again. Got my chip and off to the Circus Circus where we made our way to the adventure dome. We played some mini golf and even though I got the last 2 as whole in one she won again. Then we found a carny game where you roll a ball up to some wholes and depending on which whole it drops your horse will move ahead a certain amount. We played against about 7 other kids and she won again, her prize a little pink stuffed unicorn. Next we went out and played some blackjack at $10 a hand which is high for her and she won again about $40 more nice thing is I was up too. So now heading back south to the Bellagio for our buffet. Out in front of Caesars Palace there was a guy that was about to jump flip over 6 people so we stood and watched for a bit until he did it and he was successful. Got to the buffet and evidently people did not understand the difference between the 2 signs for Invited guess and regular guest. After the mess was figured out we moved through the line quickly and had a great meal. Too much to choose from and we stuffed our selves full. The wife had one piece of everything and I just got the stuff I knew I would like. Then we made our way across the street to see the ultimate variety show at planet hollywood that we got on a groupon. It was a decent show some performers were better then other and it only lasted 75 min. Out of the 2 shows I saw there Marc Sevard is better. After the show we just walked back to Monte Carlo cutting through the Aria I made a couple quick bets on roullette tables on the outside and then had $10 in chips and went and stuck it on the 2 on one of those big wheels as it was coming to a stop it bounced up against the peg to land on 2 but went the other way. Then we got back to the Monte Carlo I played blackjack at the $5 table for a little bit broke even then we got our bags form the valet and took the cab to the airport to catch our red eye. We took red eye out of vegas once before after drinking all day and it was a horrible experience. This time we did not drink and it still was not the best flying experience but a whole lot better. Got home and checked my offers from Mlife and we have 2-3 comped nights (depending on which resort) along with $40 in free play and $50 resort credit so time to start thinking about the next one.:thumbsup:

Sons 21st birthday trip
  2. dhlamar

dhlamar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been to Ellis Iland so is there only 1 restaurant in there?

3. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think there are 3 but for breakfast or brunch they only had the Cafe open.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  4. goodphamily

goodphamily Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you tip the hostess $10 discreetly they will seat you right away.

5. gradytripp

gradytripp Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    1) the Café (24/7)
    2) the BBQ restaurant (opens at 3:00 or 4:00 every day)
    3) a pizza counter
    Maybe more?

If you do a late (i.e., after 9:00 am) breakfast, you usually have to wait. Get there earlier and in my experience the wait is non-existent or short. The $5.99 steak and eggs breakfast is a thing of beauty. We have it pretty much every morning of our trip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.