1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monorail purchase worth it?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by nursepower, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nursepower

nursepower Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For two people?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It can be.

From most hotels with a monorail stations to another hotel with a monorail station the cost is going to be in the $8-14 range for a taxi... the monorail would cost $10 for two, so the price is pretty comparable.

If you have a specific destination in mind the monorail might be handy, it might not... if you are at Luxor, as an example, and going to Ti then for overall time and convenience it'd be better to take a taxi. But if you are at Luxor and just want to spend the day out exploring the monorail isn't bad: you can start off at Luxor, walk over to Tropicana, then to MGM Grand. Then after spending some time in each property doing your exploring monorail it to some spot on The Strip and head out from there.

We rode the monorail a lot in the past and thats pretty much how we would use it, where we would just work our way over there eventually and then ride it somewhere and then poke around another part of The Strip.

3. tacallian

tacallian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    And for LP to dollar conversion, the 7 day monorail is 28,000 points or $56 if you bought it outright (I'm sure there are probably coupons somewhere but I haven't seen any yet). It could be one of the highest dollar to LP conversion rates.

4. imderekpoe

imderekpoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they're still available next month, my wife and I will at least get the single-use passes. We're almost certain to ride it at least once and there's not really any downside I can see to getting them. They don't count toward the 30-day limit and we've both got plenty of LP's to spare. One of us may also get a two or three day pass, but not redeem them until we're sure we'd use it since those require some cash outlay.

5. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just realizing that you are in Las Vegas I'd be thinking you might as well buy them if you are going to use the monorail or might use it: if you have extra LPs, unless you are planning to go back to Las Vegas in the next few weeks or month or two you might as well spend them now - when you are back home you can start playing again and build up more points.

6. paperposter

paperposter VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think the duece is much better value.its takes long to get the monorail station doesnt run most of the strip.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the other options for the monorail are worth $2 per 1000 LPs as well. This is my target when looking for items to spend LPs on. If you are going to use the monorail on your trip, it's def. a good buy. I just haven't seen the point of using the monorail yet. :confused2:

8. anonanon

anonanon Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the monorail went to the airport I'd use it every single visit. It could easily go there for a station.

9. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Monorail debate always comes down to whether or not you are a east/west strip person. We have used it many times over the years...but we were always staying at MGM, Bally's, Flamingo, Harrahs....I love it when I stay there. Staying at Aria? Probably worthless. We would always buy the multi-day pass. Single trip price for 2 is the same as a cab. Buy 1 get 1 for $28 when staying eastside....can work out very well.

10. sporty8705

sporty8705 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it is a great deal. You can get from one end of the strip to the next... and since we stay at the LVH it can't be beat. It goes like 20ish hours a day so I am all for it.. I got the 4 day BOGO

11. domeboy

domeboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going solo. If I get the BOGO 2 day offer will I get two tickets that I can use at different times?

How does the offer actually work?

12. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is a good deal, but the monorail doesn't go anywhere I wanna go... But if it works for you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.