1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Monorail Pass Questions

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by HuskerBB, Oct 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically never use the monorail but on my upcoming trip I am tagging along with people going to a convention at the LV convention center (by Westgate/LVH). They are thinking they will use the monorail to get back and forth to the strip.

The mulitple day passes all seem to be BOGO. I assume that is based on paying the full price for the first ticket - so how good of a deal is that really? In other words are there other ways to get discounted passes and if so how much of a discount can you get ?

Would there by any problem with my buying 2 multiple day pass BOGO's on MyVegas and redeemeing them for the same period - so we ended up with 4 of them to share for our group?
    (I assume they give you some sort of pass card - not something that gets put on you mlife card like the things you get at the MGM hotels.)

2. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe you can claim up to 4 monorail rewards.
    The passes can be bought anytime and the time doesn't start until they are first scanned, so using them as a group would not be a problem.
    Previously I had bought the 2-4-1 2 day pass, and paid $22.
    However, other than a run to LVH, the pass wasn't used, so the $22 was a waste.
    In Sept. I purchased 4 one way passes at no out of pocket cost. worked out much better. It was equal to 2 round trips which was all we needed.
    If others in your party play MyVegas, than this may be the way to go.

3. shokhead

shokhead I'm no big spender!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just did it. Go to the booth, show your info{I printed it out. They give you a card to use to get through the gate. Easy and worked great.

Here we go again!
  4. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED !địt mẹ!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just watch out! The only time to redeem those passes is between 9am-7pm!
    After 7pm, FORGET IT! You're paying FULL PRICE.

Palace Tower Suite!
  5. 1LuckyMomma

1LuckyMomma Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As long as you buy it before 7pm you can use it anytime though, right? We bought ours last trip. When we were done, we gave them to a young couple we saw counting their pennies and debating about whether to take the monorail or not. We used them and passed them on. Saved me cab fare and made someone else happy.

6. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, the ticket you receive is good at any point. You just have to redeem the MyVegas reward during the listed hours at the manned booths.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.