1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mon Ami Gabi vs Joes Prime Steak/Stone Crabs

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by dubcnote, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubcnote

dubcnote Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm celebrating my 40th in LV this month with my family. I would like to have a decent dinner with all 6 of us (3 in our 40s, 2 in their 50s, and 1 in her 70s). These two restaurants have caught my attention.

I am wondering which restaurant has better food, which is overall more expensive, and which has an atmosphere most appropriate for our group. Are they both in the same league? Which would you choose?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hosted (not my $$ though) a group of about 60 at Joe's and left 3 hours and $30K later with the memory of probably the best dinner and most dining "fun" of my life!!! A large portion of the bill was an open bar, but the food was pricey and it was OUTSTANDING!!!!! I love Joe's PS/SC!!!! I've been back a couple times since and it's still my favorite. I only had a quick business lunch outside at Mon Ami Gabi and it's a great joint too. It gets lots of love on this board and I'm sure folks will post in it's favor too. I'm a Joe's kinda guy, but you can't go wrong with your 2 choices.

P.S. about 20 of us went to Pure after our memorable dinner and continued what was easily the most incredible Vegas night of my career. Pure was THE spot to be then and we went first-class the whole way!

3. oc_guy

oc_guy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't eaten at Joe's, but I always make sure to have dinner or brunch at Mon Ami each trip. They have some great tasting steaks for much less than some other steak houses. Also, I can charge to my room (if staying at a Caesars property) and use comp points.

4. Pocketaces

Pocketaces Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would keep looking. I thought both were about a C+.

It is amazing how some people's favorites are others...meh places. It's what makes the world go around.

Have a great trip.

:beer:

5. RPMCanes

RPMCanes High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe's is my #2 place in town. The crabs are so fresh and so good. Atmosphere is great too.

6. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been to both and they are both excellent, but very different. Joes is more of a serious, white tablecloth, top service, steakhouse. The both the food and the service are excellent and you pay for it. It is a bit old fashioned, and there is no view. Mon Ami is a more casual "bistro" style restaurant. The food and service here are excellent as well, but not quite at the level of Joes. The prices are also much more reasonable, and the view is fantastic (presuming you enjoy people watching on the strip and/or the Bellagio fountains).

As for voting with my feet, I have returned to Mon Ami more times than I can count. I only dined at Joe's once.

If you go to Joe's make sure to get the key lime pie. If you go to Mon Ami don't miss the frites.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

7. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Both are great restaurants, but different atmosphere. If you never has stone crabs, Joe's is a must. They are great.
    You need a reservation at both. The best part of Mon ami is the outside patio and viewing the Bellagio fountains. Unfortunately you can not reserve the patio and should expect a wait.

Superbowl Baby
  8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mon Ami is pretty good but the more I reflect on it, the less I would recommend it for a special occasion. There is no opportunity for an intimacy there. They've crammed a ton of tables in, it's noisy and although the servers are great they end up having a lot of tables to handle at once. I haven't heard anything about Joe's that would suggest anything different. I am curious how you settled on those two. It sounds like you have the budget for some smaller places that can provide a more attentive service.

9. dubcnote

dubcnote Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone for your input. Looks like the wife and I will eat at MAG one night and we will dine at Joe's with the rest of my family on the next night. I'm looking forward to both.

10. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good choice! Enjoy ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.