1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

moderately priced seafood - specifically shrimp - restaurants?

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Ace-n-Lucille, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey y'all. Looking for dining ideas for our trip. We are flatlanders from the Midwest who don't get to indulge in our shrimp obsessions often enough. Vegas would be a perfect opportunity to find a place to dazzle us. And we would be easily dazzled. :)

- downtown or strip - probably won't get off-strip
    - probably lunch
    - moderately priced = lunch for two = $50.00 +/-
    - our standard for shrimp excellence in our part of the country is Red Lobster (and we have to drive 1 1/2 hrs. to get to Red Lobster!) so you can see finer dining is not a prerequisite. (HOWEVER, we were fortunate enough to get to indulge in Giovanni's shrimp truck scampi on Oahu not once but twice - we had to go back a second time on our trip, it was so incredible - so we do have some standards to try to attain. But it was in 2001 and remains a fond but very distant memory. :) )
    - so chain restaurants okay. But hoping for better.
    - "fresh shimp daily prepared 12 ways" would be the ideal.

The only idea I've found so far is Bubba Gumps. (where exactly is it? somewhere near MGM.) I'm surely missing other possibilities.

Ideas? Thanks!

2. Sparky4

Sparky4 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bubba Gump was my thought. It's on the corner by Planet Hollywood in the complex with the Walgreens and Twin Peaks in it. It's on the second level. I think it's the corner of Harmon and LV Blvd.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    10th anniversary
  3. smerrian

smerrian Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Harrah's Oyster Bar for lunch. Great shrimp dishes...sauted over linguini or diablo are a couple of good ones. Not a chain and made to order right in front of you. Also incredible clam chowder.

4. ardee

ardee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forget everything else - head south on the Boulevard to Killer Shrimp! It's in the Town Square mall south of Mandalay Bay, and there is no better shrimp place in Vegas. Red Lobster isn't even in the same hemisphere, much less the same league.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  5. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You aren't getting fresh shrimp in Vegas unless it's at a super high end place and even then it's iffy.

Check out Emerils Fish House at MGM. They have s few shrimp dishes. If you don't drink much that is doable.

6. parallax

parallax Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    RM Seafood at Mandalay Bay by far has the best shrimp on the strip. For lunch, they have a three course pre fix menu for $28 per person. It also has a daily happy from 3 to 5 where you can get jumbo shrimp cocktail for $10. I live on the east coast and this is by far the best shrimp I have ever eaten.

7. vegasbound

vegasbound Moderator

Mariscos Playa Escondido has the best shrimp dishes - assuming you enjoy Mexican flavors. Empanadas, ceviche, aguachiles and at least a dozen entrees to choose from. It's doable with uber or lyft.

8. Ace-n-Lucille

Ace-n-Lucille Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your replies are all I'd hoped for: thank you! Am already perusing menus from the restaurant ideas you've given me.

I imagine it'll come down to a case of hey, let's gorge on some seafood, where are we and what's good around here. And I will now have a list of possibilities to choose from at many parts of the strip, wherever we might be.

Can't wait.....

9. hard6

hard6 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How about Hot n Juicy, it's in China town but they have awesome shrimp. :peace:

10. eksantirik

eksantirik Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of people recommend Boiling Crab. It's off strip (4025 S Decatur Blvd), but could be well worth it. Half or full pound of any crustacean boiled in a bag and spices and served directly to table.

I haven't been yet, but it's high on my list, maybe this April I'll try.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.