1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mob Museum vs Mob Experience (at Tropicana)

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by tomcat724, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomcat724

tomcat724 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I head out to Vegas tomorrow and my buddy informs me he wants to go to one of the Mob themed attractions.

Has anyone been to either one or maybe even both? Any good/bad things about 'em? Are either of them available for any discounts?

2. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Super Bowl 2017!!!!
    Super Bowl 2017!!!
  3. jimboguy

jimboguy Blubbery Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have done both the Mob Experience (Tropicana) and the Mob Museum (downtown).
    I thought the Mob Museum downtown was excellent. That said, I am a fan of museums in general - so take that opinion for what it's worth.

The Mob Museum seemed more about what museums were designed to do - educate a public. The Mob Experience is more about entertainment - listening to Mickey Rourke, James Caan, and live actors make it like you are working your way up to be a made man. Where as the Mob Museum provides information about the history of the mob and the channels used by law enforcement to track mob activity.

I liked the Mob Experience as well, but it is much more of a sensory experience than something truly educational (again, this is just my opinion).

I visited the Mob Museum in March 2012, and I visited the Mob Experience in September 2011.

I stayed in the Mob Museum for about two and a half hours. The Mob Experience took about one hour.

My ultimate recommendation depends on where you are staying. If you're staying on the strip, I would suggest doing the Mob Experience first. If you like it, then great. If it didn't do it for you, then you can still head downtown to the Mob Museum.
    If you're staying downtown, hit up the Mob Museum - it's close. And again, if you don't like it, then make your way to the Tropicana's experience.

4. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mob Attraction at the Tropicana is still operating out of bankruptcy as they retool.

The Mob Museum is downtown and is more museum, less entertainment. It has gotten some really good reviews.

I found all of these articles as I was answering a question for my sister-in-law. Apparently, I have become the "go to" guy regarding Vegas in my family (which is cool, I guess). Anyway, I have never been to either, but I would personally prefer the Mob Museum as I am more of a history buff vs someone who needs to be entertained.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.