1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mob Bar....

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by GreggWizard, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello All,

I'm looking for a little more information and opinions / feedback on Mob Bar in the Downtown area. I just stumbled across an ad for it today, but cannot find much information about it. How far is it form the Fremont Street area? Is it in a populated area? And last but not least, how is the experience? Any help is always appreciated!! Thanks!!

Gregg :beer:

2. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Mob Bar is located at 240 North 3rd Street. It is just a smidgen more than a block away from the Fremont Street experience. It's very close to a restaurant called the Triple George Grill and a bar called Hogs N Heifers. The Downtown Grand (formerly Lady Luck) is on the same block as well (although Downtown Grand is currently closed for renovations with a seemingly unknown reopening date). At the other end of the block is the new -- as of February 2012 -- Mob Museum (a great museum, in my opinion).

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question about the experience at Mob Bar, as I have never been inside.
    There is a podcast about Las Vegas that recently gave quite a good review to Mob Bar. The drinks seem to be more along the mixology lines, which is becoming more and more popular these days. The podcast also claimed their appetizers were very good, and can be obtained at a solid discount during happy hour.

Mob Bar does have a Facebook presence that could probably provide you with more information. Typing "mob bar las vegas" into Google will direct you to their Facebook page.
    They also have a web presence. The Mob Bar's web address is: http://mobbarlv.com/

If you stop by, I'd love to hear what you thought.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2012
  3. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jimbo - thanks so much for all the information. I now have a feel for where it's at, and as it sounds close to the Mob Museum, maybe we'll check that out as well. I do have a facebook page, so I'll look up their page on FB, too. It sounds like a fun place, and I'll definitely give you feedback once we check it out!! Thanks again, Jimbo!!:nworthy:

4. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I passed by the Mob Bar in April when I went to the Mob Museum Downtown. It is very close to Fremont Street - about a block away, smack between the Mob Museum and Fremont - and the area is not really heavily populated but not really sketchy either. It is literally right next door to the Triple George Grill, and it has a very cool vibe to it. From the outside it reminded me of a hip New York establishment (in contrast, the place on the other side of the Triple George Grill looked like something out of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre!)

I did not eat there but the workers at The Mob Museum were raving about it and the prices and menu seemed really good. I would definitely give it a try - it seems like a great place.

5. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Jr!! I was a little concerned about what the area may be like, as they say advise to travel (on foot) too far off of Fremont Street. It sounds like an interesting place, I'm really getting pumped about being in Vegas again!!:nworthy:

6. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome!

I would not go off on any other side streets around Fremont, but this one was fine. There is a parking area at the Mob Museum (they charge $3.00) and after you visit the museum you cross the street and you can see the Mob Bar right away. I asked at The Museum if I could leave the car while I visited Fremont Street and they said sure. You can ask anyone at the museum and they will point out where the Mob Bar is - it is very close and one of the workers in the gift shop was raving about the Chicken Parmesan Sliders which were some crazy cheap price like $5.00.

If I didn't have other dinner plans that day I definitely would have tried it.

Oh, and about the Mob Museum - if you are going with someone else it is actually cheaper for one of you to buy a year's membership at $24.95 and then e second person gets in for $10 (saving $1.00 off separate admission). The person with the year's membership can go as many times as they want for the year for free after that and get others in for only $10. It is definitely worth it.

7. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Man, those Chicken Parmesan sliders sound good!! Thanks for the tip on the Mob Museum tickets, too!! I know we're looking at checking out the Mob Attraction on the Strip, but I did read an article that said both the Mob Museum and the MOb Attraction were well worth checking out. Thanks again for your help!!
    Gregg.

8. PopMegaphone

PopMegaphone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I haven't eaten at Mob Bar but I can confirm they serve good drinks, the staff is friendly and the atmosphere is nice. It is definitely worth checking out.

9. tlcvegas

tlcvegas Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haven't been since name-change (from The Sidebar), but made several visits last summer. Yes, the drinks are fantastic. One of the best mojitos ever and I liked several others that I tried. Will be returning this summer!:drunk:

10. sageblue

sageblue High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We visited during our last trip. The food is good: we had the chicken parm sliders and the spaghetti and meatball bites (they use the Triple George kitchen). The bartenders were a lot of fun and made some excellent drinks. Check in on Foursquare to get a free appetizer with two drinks. I highly recommend it.

11. Vegas Steve

Vegas Steve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good Drinks, Fun Place and Friendly Staff! I would recommend checking it out.

12. GreggWizard

GreggWizard Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, Steve!! I will definitely be stopping in at the Mob Bar....I also downloaded the APP you referred - very cool!! I was checking it all out earlier, it's an awesome APP!! Thanks again!!

Gregg.:beer:

13. Vegas Steve

Vegas Steve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks Gregg! We created the app as a party niche, go have some fun, type of app. It's all about having some drinks, exploring the "Party Stops" and having fun! We continue to improve it and add features/content. Thanks for the support!

As far as the Mob Bar, you'll be glad you stopped in. The staff is awesome. Let them know if you are interested in going to the Mob Museum. Sometimes they can help you out.

Have fun! Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.