1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLS Expansion into Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by Readingfanman, May 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Readingfanman

Readingfanman Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Now this is exciting. If MLS shows a pro sports team can succeed in Vegas, perhaps we'll see an NHL/NBA team in the not too distant future as well!:thumbsup:

Edit - vMB competition, who can come up with the best name? I think I'm going with Las Vegas Aces for my suggestion!

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2014
    NFL Championship Weekend
  2. The Furry One

The Furry One Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Considering anyone who plays for them will have soooo much temptation to try and resist whilst enjoying their freetime I would call them the Las Vegas Shufflers :)

Furry

3. Jameezy

Jameezy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I live in Sacramento and we are currently trying to get a MLS team. Would be nice to see one in vegas

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For Vegas-loving soccer fans, it is definitely a good thing. For MLS? I'm not so sure.

The lack of talent in that league is already painfully noticeable to anyone who has ever watched an EPL (or La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc...) match. Further dilution of that talent by adding several more teams seems awfully short sighted to me. I don't see how the sport/league can become more popular in the long term by making an inferior product even worse...even if they make it more plentiful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.