1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MlifeFree play to Promo chips

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vacationaddict, Aug 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vacationaddict

vacationaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you change freeplay to promo chips? I Do not have a host btw .

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How much are we talking about here? Are they play till you lose it, or one time play?

3. RiddickBull

RiddickBull VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mlife does not give promo chips for table games in corporate offers but do give free play for slots

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  4. dooner

dooner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This has been my experience with almost all mLife properties. In the past, I have been able to convert 'freeplay' offers for slots, into promo chips at NYNY. I had to do this at the cashier cage. They do not always allow this - it seems to depend on the cage personal at the time.

Note that at NYNY when I receive most offers, about 95% of my play was at tables (so I don't know why the offer said freeplay - however, all my offers for the past few years from NYNY have said freeplay).

5. CaptainJack

CaptainJack Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is not advisable unless the chips are the "play until you lose" type...even then it's still not great.

With freeplay you can expect to win the freeplay amount minus the house edge. So $100 on a 9/6 Jacks VP machine has an expected return of $99.54.
    With promo chips your expectation is roughly half of the amount minus the house edge. So $100 on even a good BJ game would be an expected return of roughly $48.

6. vacationaddict

vacationaddict Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info captainjack i think i will just keep my freeplay and grind it out on JoB. I was thinking it would be easier and more fun using my freePlay if possible on the tables for double down situations but I guess not.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep promo chips that are not play till you lose is no beuno unless they roughly double the amount.

As for VP, it might be better playing Bonus Poker vs. JoB depending on the denominations you plan to play plus your location you're getting the freeplay. Strategy for both games is nearly identical.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.