1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife TCs

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Its Only Money, Mar 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Its Only Money

Its Only Money Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I just got back from a wonderful weekend stay at Aria. I was hoping to get to Platinum on MLife but fell short, I am surprised how short I was though. I went in needing 86K to make it, my December trip I earned about 65K so I knew it would be tough. I like to stay at Aria and I am not a comp chaser, but I want to get what I am at lest entitled to. Here are the stats for my trip from the MLife desk:

All Craps play - Average bet $103 for 10 hours
    Total buy-ins $7000, they've never given me that stat before

There was some slot play as well, not a ton. At most $1500 coin-in.

I did get some back-end comps from the desk before check out. I was left with a bill of about $775.

So for this level of play and dollars paid to MLife I earned roughly 30K TCs. To me this seems very short, my cash spend should have been good for about half of that. The December trip I was rated at $85 for 13.5 hours and no slot play. My bill that trip was closer to $1000 but not more than that.

So my question is does the 30k earned seem short to you experts? Is there anything I can do about it? Could the points still show up? Maybe I just need to book that Rock in Rio weekend for the Metallica show to get Platinum. Thanks for any insight.

I need one more trip to up my frequent flier level
  2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like you weren't credited for the hotel spend.

Also you should find out your theo because it's 33 TCs per $1 theo.

Under $1k theo for that play seems awfully low.

$1500 coin in could be as low as 1.5k TCs if you played specialty slots.

3. bjpcyclone

bjpcyclone High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You would have earned 19,000+ credits from the hotel spend alone. Those are usually added each day and not all at the end when you check out. So something definitely seems off.

4. Its Only Money

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can I call the VIP number and get my Theo at this point? Do I have any recourse to get my TCs increased?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  5. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd definitely give them a call. I'm not great with the TC computation based off of table games, but I'm a comparatively low roller, and on my last trip, I got about 25,000 TCs in gambling alone ... and my average bet was lower, although time played probably was longer. Definitely can't hurt to ask them to review. Worst they can do is say no.

6. Its Only Money

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did call and they said it appears my hotel spend has not been credited yet. They told me to give it another couple of days and if my account still hasn't been credited call back Monday. They will need a faxed copy of my folio to credit my account.

7. dannyocean

dannyocean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, what a bad system glitch. As noted above, they should have been applying your room spend at midnight each day! Glad it should get sorted out.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It doesn't surprise me that TCs for hotel spend might be a little slow, I've run into that before, but not often. It sometimes takes a couple of business days for your final hotel bill to hit your credit card. On the other hand, most of the time I find I get TCs for hotel spend overnight.

I did run into a problem with TCs for gaming on my last trip. I reverse-calculated my coin-in based on how much Express Comps and Freeplay I'd earned, and figured I'd should have about 60,000 TCs, but I only had 11,000+.

I stopped at the MLife desk before I checked out and the woman I spoke with agreed that the TCs looked low. She said she'd have someone look at it and call me.

Much to my great surprise, later that day, I did get a call from the person she mentioned. This person said she reviewed the account, I was correct, and that she was posting 60,000 TCs. And she added that they might end up getting double-posted later, but not to worry about it, they didn't care if that happened (it didn't).

I ended up with 80,000+, so I got another ~9,000 tacked on somewhere. My hotel bill was only $50, so it wasn't from hotel spend.

9. Hiero

Hiero Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never seen this. I think in part because my room was comped; anything I charged to the room could potentially be comped off the bill, so it's only after you check out that it counts as "spend", and then it takes a day or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.