1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Reverse calculation of tier credit to theo

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Haute_Shot, Sep 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    After a 5hr session of baccarat at Aria $100min table.
    I was given a rating of 30,000 tier credits.
    I was not playing every hand, wagering anywhere from $100-1000 when good pattern appears.

I've never asked for theo from employees, I dunno how heavy we should be betting to warrant a theo figure report from Mlife desk.

can anyone reverse calculate and figure out the theo?

2. sindustry

sindustry VIP Whale

You can ask for theo at any level of betting. However, at Aria, they do not like to provide that number at the mlife desk...they want you to ask your host. You can try to call mlife and ask for it over the phone. I always call Mirage VIP services or Mirage's mlife desk, as they have no issues with giving me my theo over the phone...they can give you info for any mgm property. In my experience, Aria will not give theo over the phone, except via your host.

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been consistently calculated for other table games. ~30 Tier Credits per $1 of theo.

Theo for bacc is calculated oddly based on shoes instead of actual hands, and more likely in the HL rooms, they do track if you sit out hands. But I don't necessarily think there'd be a reason for the ratio of TC to theo to be different.

So I'd say they had you pegged for $1,000 in theo. I haven't played bacc at MGM properties in a long time, so somebody else will likely have a more direct example.

The actual theo should be easy, if you're not betting on ties, it should be 1% of your bets.

Just back of the envelope:

Say a shoe takes an hour, and they use 60 hands/shoe, and you play every hand at $100.

60 hands * $100 * 1% = $60/hr in theo * 5 hours = $300 in theo = 9,000 Tier Credits.

If they used 80 hands per shoe/hour, it'd be $400 in theo and 12,000 Tier Credits.

Or to reverse engineer it another way $1,000 theo in 5 hrs = $200 an hour = Avg bet of $333 at 60 hands/shoe-hour, or $250 at 80 hands/shoe-hr.

4. Kickin

Kickin Flea

I agree with Chuck's numbers of a $1000 theo. The ~30 TCs per $1 theo has been pretty consistent and often exact.

Since they rate bacc at 1 shoe = 1 hour, the total time of 5 hours may not reflect how many hours you were actually rated for. And if you sat out for parts of a shoe they may reflect that in the number of hours they have you down for too.

As far as how much you need to bet to "warrant a theo report" you can just ask them regardless of your level of play. In my experience they've given me any stat I ask for as long as I know what to ask for.

5. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks,

when you say just ask "them" for theo stats who is "them", the staff at mlife desk?

6. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Yes the MLife desk, that's where I have always gotten any numbers I wanted. But you can also ask your host.

7. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    help- ive lost my m life number- ive tried phoning-8668004668 and 8667617111 and none of the automated choices give the option to get my number. :wink2::cry:im trying to redeem my vegas rewards.

8. Kickin

Kickin Flea

Just speak to a rep and ask for your number.

Or check your email for an old email from MLife. They often include your number.

9. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes my Mlife number is at the beginning of the fine print at the bottom of every email offer I get from them.
    I just find it there when i'm calling in.

10. john meriman

john meriman merri by name merry by nature

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks but when i ring all i get is automated choices-i deleted all old e mails-i dont get any offers and and recent e mails do not show no.ive e mailed them and hope for the best.:wink2::ssst:
    ive just got info i needed back by e mail- very prompt from m life.:wink2::beer::beer:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  11. Haute_Shot

Haute_Shot Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FYI
    Just got off the phone with Mirage. They said they are looking for average of $600 a day in theo for each night you are looking to get comped.

600*30=18,000

So they want to see you earn 18,000 TC per day ?

12. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Basically, yes. It would be 18,000 TC from table games. They can see your actual theo, so they're not looking at TCs to measure your play, but TCs is the easier way you can measure it. $600 sounds high; I suspect you can get a standard room comped at Mirage for somewhere between $400 - $500 in theo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.