1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLIFE Resort Credit-Aria...upgrade fees?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Multifarious5, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Multifarious5

Multifarious5 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HI all, don't kick me, as I know this has probably been covered 20 million times, but we all know resort credits can just be food, or spa, or more. It's deinitely a "fine print" issue.

We have a comped, standard, high-floor room at Aria. We have been getting offers to upgrade to a corner suite for a small fee.

We had the corner suite last time and loved it, but I'm comfortable enough in their standard rooms, I don't want to pay out-of-pocket when I already have a lesser, but very nice room free. (No resort fees)

BUT, it's different if I can pay fot the upgrade with RC or express comps. I know an Aria RC won't allow it, as its for food etc, but this is a corporate offer...the RC is listed as a "MLIFE Resort Credit." No mention of food, spa etc.

A) on a corporate offer stating a generic "MLIFE resort credit," can I apply the RC to a room upgrade?

B) If not, can I use express comps to cover the upgrade?

I know the upgrade is a good deal, but since it's not a special occasion, I'm fine in a standard room versus paying more, but IF I can use RC, then I'd consider it, as I really liked the tower suite lounge...and of course, the room. :) I just don't want to go from totally free to $200 in out-of-pocket upgrade fees on a non-special trip.

Thanks for any insight!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Sooooo far away still...
    Cosmo, always our favorite part of our trip!
  2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Using Express Comps - sure, as far as I know, you should be able to apply Express Comps against your hotel bill.

Using Resort Credit to pay upgrade fee - I highly doubt it. If you go through the booking process far enough to get to a point where it is displaying room types, and then you click on "View Offer Details", on my Corporate offer from MGM Grand it says it's for food and beverage:

upload_2016-9-9_8-16-33.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Chuck!!!!! I was hoping you'd chime in...you are my "Oracle of Delphi" of comps. :)

I always see the food and beverage part too, but this corporate offer literally said nothing, which was weird, as it usually specifies WHAT I can use it towards, buy this time it didnt. (See attached.)

Honestly, I think I'm just going to stick with a basic room, as I don't want to ask them about RC, hear I can't look ungrateful and decline the upgrade. "Hey, give me a free room and free food, but no, I don't want to pay more out of pocket." :)

BUT I really appreciate the feedback.

I'll be trying your golden pineapple drink soon!!! And thank you again Chuck, even though it doesn't spell out food, I bet you are right. Express comps, maybe, but you know RC so well, this is all I needed to hear. Standard room this time, and hopefully my november offers are like last november! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    Sooooo far away still...
  4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting that your offer doesn't specify food and beverage, but I can't really think of anyone ever saying they used Resort Credit for anything other than F & B and maybe spa ( and maybe show tickets).

Using ECs against your bill when you upgrade is probably a good use as compared to using them for F & B or retail, presumably you're getting a good discount on the upgrade and the markups on F & B and retail are so high. But yeah, I would probably skip the upgrade this trip unless the discount was too good to pass up. Like $50/night would probably be my cutoff.

5. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's so funny Chuck, $50 was the figure we came to as well for the cut off...great minds and all!!!! Have a GREAT weekend and thank you :)

Sooooo far away still...
  6. JeJas

JeJas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understand your point and thought the same. But the answer is still NO. You can use it on food, drink, spa, and show
    (now they don't have show anymore), but not on tips, room upgrade or resort fees (if any).
    And even worse, you can only use the resort credit at Aria. If you eat at Bellagio and charge to your room at Aria,
    Aria won't cover it with your resort credit.

As Chuck said, ECs can be used for almost anything except tips.

7. Multifarious5

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks as always JeJas! I had an offer for $75 a night I didn't take. At the desk it was 175 a night, so an easy decision. We really like the darker colors of the higher floor standard rooms, so we were happy campers. :)

At Cosmo now, and about to go down and play! :)

Sooooo far away still...