1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by JR Swift, Jan 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR Swift

JR Swift High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think of myself as a fairly bright person but I need someone smarter than I am to help me with a question. Just got back from a 4 night stay in Vegas and spent the last two nights at the Mandalay Bay (Delano.) Got a decent offer through MLife with a small resort credit, mostly off a one night stay last fall at the Mirage. I know you earn 25 tier credits for your hotel stays and restaurants and such and that you earn 10 tier credits for every point you earn playing the machines. But I am confused at to how I went from about 7000 points to almost 37000 points in two days. The hotel would have accounted for about 7500 but there is no way I played enough to have earned almost 23000 points gambling. Did it have something to do with advancing to Pearl? After I did, my score jumped from around 1600 to 2200 when I inserted my card. I had a score of 500 or so when I started playing Friday night and I probably added between 200-300 more on Saturday. I don't know. I'm not complaining but it just seemed very odd that the score would have jumped so much. Thanks in advance for any of your wisdom.

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLife Pearl level has a 10% Tier Multiplier (Gold level has 20% Tier Multiplier, Platinum has 30% Tier Multiplier).

So when you made Pearl, you started earning the 10 % bonus on Points and Express Comps.

3. bearcatnut

bearcatnut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very similar thing happened to me. Just got back from staying at Aria for 3 nights. Spent a lot on food, but didn't gamble very much at Mlife places. Checked my Mlife, and I have 38,000 and am Pearl status. I'm thrilled, but wasn't expecting it.

4. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You earn 25 tier credits for every 1 dollar you spend. So does, maybe, 1000 in food spend sound about right? That was have been 25k in tier credits already.

5. Carol1113

Carol1113 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thats so correct on the 25 tier credits for every dollar--which is why it is so important to charge everything to your room--the points really add up

6. Kolmeseiska

Kolmeseiska Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or you can just hand over your players card when paying your check etc. That's what I do.

7. stackinchips

stackinchips High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The multiplier only applies to Point Play and Express Comps, not the Tier Credits so that doesn't explain it. Perhaps OP underestimated the property spend? Or perhaps OP doesn't understand that when playing machines, it's not 10TCs per $3 put into the machine, but $3 worth of play on the machines?

8. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good catch - if he put $100 in the machine, but recycled it (via wins/bonuses) few times, the TCs earned are much greater than 100.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To confirm, points are earned for play, not the original money you inserted. So, in theory, with a single $100 bill, you can earn thousands of points.

Also, some machines pay less, so if you changed from the lower point machines that would have some impact.

Sometimes we just do not realize how long we played.

10. bearcatnut

bearcatnut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yep, that explains it then. Was just hoping it was an error, but we spent over 1k on food, so the 38000 points is probably right.

11. bearcatnut

bearcatnut Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    . .

12. JR Swift

JR Swift High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No...I fully understand that it is total dollars wagered over time, not just what I "buy in" for and, it is true that I recycled the money many times over as I played on my original $20 for over 2 hours with no spin for less than $1. The machines consistently chart the play so I always knew how many points I was earning. I probably only spent about $50 on food and beverage at MB in the time I was there and most of that was charged off to the room but erased by the resort credit I had. Earned about 1500 points for 15000 tier credit and spent about 300 for the room which should add up to 7500. That's 22,500 which would have put me at around 29,500 but, instead it is 36,000. Oh well...maybe they just credited me for my stunning good looks and mathematical skills. :)

13. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I surely can not answer, but I will tell you about a situation I ran into that took many weeks to finally figure out.

Sometimes they give you credit for your spend, even though it was taken off due to resort/comp/EC credits. A few days later, the book keeping finally catches up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.