1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife points and roulette

Discussion in 'Comps' started by rittermd, Jul 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rittermd

rittermd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Any idea how points are assigned for roulette play?

I usually play $5 chips, with an average bet of $75, and if Im on a roll, Ill color up to quarters with an average of $175 per spin.

im always puzzeled how one trip ill pick up 150,000 points, while on other seeingly equal play, ill get 50,000 points.

Your thoughts

2. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's all based on your theoretical loss, which will vary depending on what kind of wheel you're playing at, what kind of bets you make, and what average bet the pit boss rates your play at - hence the discrepancy on different trips for equal play. You can ask them what they have you rated at when you leave the table.

Whether you're playing single-zero or double-zero changes the HA they calculate your theo at. Double-zero Roulette has a higher HA than single-zero - plus whether you're making mostly inside or outside bets will also impact how your play is rated - there's a huge difference in HA between making inside bets on a double-zero wheel compared to outside bets on a single-zero wheel with en prison, for example.

3. rittermd

rittermd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get it

I do play double zero and single zero games. I only play inside (numbers). i play more double zero games.

Thanks

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I get why double vs single zero would matter, but why would inside vs outside matter? The edge on the number 35 is the same as the edge on a red bet.

5. The Equalizer

The Equalizer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if there is an imprisonment rule if you make any even money bet i.e.. odd/even , red/black ect and the ball lands in the 0 you get half the bet bet back or can imprison the bet in which case if it wins the next spin you get it all back so that lowers the house advantage on even money bets only. Although with no imprisonment rule on a single 0 wheel the house advantage is the same on every bet 2.7%

6. JillyFromPhilly

JillyFromPhilly Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Technically, yes it is, if you're only comparing a single inside bet to a single outside bet - but the way it was explained to me was that it has to do with how playing styles influence the individual roulette player's HA & variance - generally, most roulette players tend to either make exclusively inside or exclusively outside bets - and apparently, since inside bettors are typically making multiple bets per spin, even when they "win" they're often still losing the entirety of at least some of their other inside bets that weren't in the money [i.e. betting 1,6,10 & 25 straight up, 1 can win but 3 will lose, etc.] - wheras outside bettors usually only make one, two or three bets per spin that each not only have a much lower chance of losing, but also with two or three having the potential chance of winning simultaneously [i.e. betting red & odd, & an odd red # comes out, both bets win, etc.] - so this becomes a part of the rating process akin to how skill level is factored in to BJ ratings. From what I understand, similar variations with ratings occur with craps players too depending on which bets they like to make.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.