1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MLife Offer, Resort Credits, ECs, MyVegas

Discussion in 'Comps' started by BigGTMike, Aug 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I apologize if some of this has been covered elsewhere but I have some questions regarding my coming trip.

The arrangements:

I am booked through an MLife offer @ Aria Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings. This offer includes $50 resort credit.

I am booked Sunday night on MyVegas bonus night.

I am booked Monday night on a standard MyVegas night.

All three reservations are linked per the folks on phone at MyVegas/Aria.

I have about $50 in express comps on my Mlife account and will surely gain more during my stay.

I have $25 free play @ aria via MyVegas.

My questions are related to use of the resort credits and express comps. Will I need to go to the mlife desk during the official three night reservation to take these off or can I do that at "official" check out Tuesday morning or will it be too late? Obviously I have to use the free play during the reservation so I will use that first thing Thursday lol.

Thanks for any info you can provide!

2. ND80

ND80 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the reservations are linked I would believe that you can do it at checkout. Plus it gives you the chance to ask for more comps at checkout if you believe your play deserves it.

3. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

My situation was not as complicated and it was at MB so the system may be different, but linked reservations don't seem to work as just a normal booking in terms of check-outs and such.

I had 2 bonus comp nights at MB from myvegas- the reservations were linked. At check-in I was able to score a $75 FB credit. We didn't use any of the credit on the first night, used it all on the 2nd. I got my emailed invoice for the first night sometime during the 2nd day, so they officially processed that check-out and charged me for the resort fee as expected. On the morning of my official check-out of my room, my bill had the food charged to the room without any credit- when I went down to check out the employee was surprised to hear I had the credit and didn't see it in my reservation. I still had the card I was given at check-in with the note that said it, so she took it off, but while she was doing so I explained that I had 2 reservations linked and she looked up the first and saw that the credit had been put on for the first night, but the guy had mentioned that it was for a specific night.

Based on my single experience, my understanding is that even though they will check you in for all nights at your first check-in, technically you are "checked out" of each booking as that check-out time elapses, so anything charged to the room in the first 3 days will be in the invoice on Sunday morning, the Sunday night charges would be in the next day's invoice, and your final check-out will have only the single Monday night on the invoice. Seems to me that you would need to go to the M-life desk to apply express comps or see about discretionary for the first three days.

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Someone else had a similar question recently.

The way it should work is:

Resort Credits automatically are deducted from your bill almost immediately. If you eat at a restaurant and charge it to your room and the bill is $100 for food, $12 for tax, and $15 for tip, if you look at your folio on the TV a couple of hours later, you should see that the food portion is only listed as $50.

You should be able to have the Resort Credit applied to anything charged to your room up until 11:00am on the day you would have checked out on the regular paid portion of your stay.

This is where it gets tricky. You are not going to check out on that day. Your reservations are linked. So the question is, when exactly do those Resort Credits expire? There isn't any question in my mind that they don't extend to your entire stay. So the gray area is, what happens if you have resort credit left on the morning of the last day of your paid portion and you go to breakfast and charge to your room and complete that transaction at say 10:30am. Their system should apply any remaining resort credit against that charge. Will it? Dunno.

Express Comps you can apply against your current hotel balance at any time. So if you expect that you are going to waltz through the MyVegas days without any charges whatsoever against your room, then you should have them apply whatever ECs you've accumulated prior to 11:00am on the last day of your paid stay. Again, this trusts that they keep your folio open until 11:00am.

If you know you're going to have additional charges to the room during the MyVegas portion, then you can wait until you're done gambling the night before you leave (or in the morning, just make sure it's before you officially check out for good).

Please come back and let us know what happens because I think this question is going to start coming up more often.

Edited to add:

I kind of had this situation on my last trip. I had 3 comped nights Sat-Sun-Mon with $100 Resort Credit, then paid reservations for Sun and Mon - Sat. Because the room types were different, and because I didn't plan to use the resort credit until Monday night, I didn't have them "link" the reservations

I did switch rooms on Sunday, but kept the comped room, because I hadn't used the Resort Credit. I ordered room service from the comped room Monday night and had the guy wheel it down to my other room. On Monday morning, I went to the comped room and checked out on the TV. I could see that the resort credit had been applied to the room service charge. I got the email with the folio for that stay at about 11:30am.

For the paid reservations on Sun and Mon - Sat, I didn't have any resort credit, but there was a lot of shuffling of deposits because the room type I wanted wasn't available, so I swung a deal with the front desk to move up in room type. I was in the same room from Sun - Sat, but I did get two separate folio emails, and they were both timestamped after 11:00am.

So I think, in a situation where you have two different reservations for the same room (and so you never officially check out of the first one), they keep your folio open until 11:00am on the first one. Judging by that, I think you'll be OK with the resort credit getting properly applied. You do have to use it by 11:00am Sunday morning. You can check it on the TV, and you should get an email of your folio Sunday and since you'll still be there, you'll have the opportunity to take care of it if it isn't correct.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To be safe, I would charge something to the room for $50 before your pay nights are up, just incase, that isn't that much money!

I just got back from Aria, and it automatically took off my resort credit as I spent it... Then I asked for them to use my express comps when I checked out.

6. slurpster03

slurpster03 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    At the Orleans, I had back to back 2 nights with $10 and $15 resort credit respectively. Front desk told me that they had to be used before each reservation was up. Turned out it wasn't true because the account on the room never changes. They took the $25 off at the end of the stay. I know, different hotel, different company, but just an example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.