1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Mlife Help

Discussion in 'Comps' started by dan777, Dec 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dan777

dan777 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello Everyone,

This is my first post, but I am an avid reader of all of yours. So, I recently increased my trip budget to about 10k and play slots exclusively. My trip in September 2012 earned me a host, and I went again in December with 750 FP and full F&B, comped room. Both trips at NYNY, by the way. I currently still have offers with Mlife which were sent back when my gambling budget was 3k, and was trying to get to MC in March for a friends birthday.

I spoke with a host at Monte Carlo who offered me the same as Mlife: 300 FP and three nights. My question is: will my trips in quarter 4 2012 drive the offers I receive in January? Also, does having a host at NYNY make it difficult to get quality offers elsewhere?

I really appreciate any advise- thanks in advance

2. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your info is a little scattered but let me make a couple of assumptions:

Was the December $750 FP & RFB and offer from the NYNY host, or did was it an Mlife offer?

Unless you short-played NYNY in December, the MC host offer seems pretty stingy.

I've had a host at MB for 2 years now. My offers from other properties slowly dried up, to the point where I never get ANY in my Mlife account, even from MB. Part of that is because I haven't played at any MGM props except MB since I got the host, but I also never get any corporate offers, and that's never been explained to me.

Merely having a host at NYNY should not affect your ability to call and make deals at other properties with that bankroll, but it's possible it'll have some effect on what shows up in MLife.

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board, Dan. Having a host at one MGM property shouldn't adversely affect offers you receive from other hosts at other MGM hotels. I believe MGM still ranks MC and NYNY on the same tier. So the difference between the host offers you are receiving is probably attributed to the hosts. The offers from my host at Bellagio are vastly better than the offers I get from my host at Aria. I say stay where you will have the most fun and if the offer makes a big difference to you, stick with the host that gives you the better offers and reward him or her with your loyal play

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen host that just go down the list of marketing generated offers and act like they are offering it to you (vs marketing). Also have seen hosts that will sweeten the pot a little.

Keep in mind that what they offer will move around a little. Tied to your past play of course, but also to current push and mood from the mgmt at each property. If numbers start slipping, the boss may push them to get more people in. If they are doing well, will sold out nights, they cut back.

5. dan777

dan777 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the replies. The host experience has been okay so far, but the disparity between host and Mlife offers confuses me a bit. After all my play over the last 6 months, my NYNY offer, sent today, was 125FP, 50FB for trip and 3 nights. I guess its the nature of the beast. Thanks again.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

Just re-read your post and noticed you indicated March. Depending on exact dates, your offers could be less than stellar due to March Madness. Rates in March vary from $53 to $158 for standard room at Monte Carlo. NYNY has rooms from $70-$167. Bellagio is $179-$279 per night.

Even though you are getting comped nights, the demand and availability of rooms will have an impact on your offer.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  7. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not just March Madness, but the weekend before is the finals of all the conference tournaments, which, while not quite as big a draw as the main event, still pulls a lot of people into town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.