1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

mLife Discount for Aria Sky Suites or MGM SkyLofts?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by akhoya362, Jul 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. akhoya362

    akhoya362 Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2015
    Messages:
    160
    Location:
    DC
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    6
    Hi folks,

    First-time poster, but have read the boards for a while. I just hit mLife Platinum (took about two-ish trips -- if I had to guess, I'd say 60% of my TCs came from gambling, the other 40% from spending on hotels, food & beverage, etc). I was looking to book a suite, possibly either one of the Aria Sky Suites or an MGM Skyloft, to have as a home base for a few buddies that'll be coming down to Vegas for March Madness.

    Does anyone know if Aria and/or SkyLofts gives discounts for mLife members? The suites aren't available via the mLife website. Figured I'd ask the collective wisdom of the VMB community before giving the casino VIPs a call.

    Thanks!
     
  2. Hobofrank

    Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2014
    Messages:
    3,234
    Location:
    Porter Ranch,CA
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    100
    of course they are, but the 2bd/ 2.5 ba suite I have next month isn't available
    only because they are all booked out that week, I booked it months ago
     
  3. MikeE

    MikeE The Shah's Slightly Hairy Cousin

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2003
    Messages:
    1,596
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    888
    They do offer them at the discounted rate, though they make it pretty clear that they're not guaranteed in case they need to bump you. You have to call for Skylofts, but ASS is usually bookable via MLife's website. I assume you're not seeing them because they're already blocking off several in anticipation for March Madness. Sometimes they'll become available as the date gets closer.
     
  4. nostresshere

    nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

    Joined:
    May 4, 2009
    Messages:
    11,132
    Location:
    TN
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    19
    The pricing and chance of getting a decent discount is tied to the date, for sure. Always worth looking at base rate calendar to see what days are apparently quieter.
     
  5. dutchvelvet

    dutchvelvet VIP Whale

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2014
    Messages:
    1,123
    Location:
    Wisconsin
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    4
    I always had the best luck calling the VIP number on the back of the card
     
  6. akhoya362

    akhoya362 Low-Roller

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2015
    Messages:
    160
    Location:
    DC
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    6
    Thanks, everyone. I called MGM (my new favorite casino) -- I was transferred back and forth between several different departments. Long story short is that casino VIP (for the discounted rate) could only put in a request, and another casino VIP rep told me that chances were "very high" that I would get bumped. I got somewhat skittish (I'm a mid-roller at best, definitely can't compete with the likes of most on this board). I ended up booking a non-SkyLoft MGM suite through Luxury Reservations and am paying full freight for slightly more piece of mind.

    Guess I'll save the SkyLofts trip for some other time.
     
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.